Like a phoenix rising from the ashes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martlewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it's been an interesting few weeks. I spent considerable time helping my parents relocate their shop to new premises. Lots of carpentry to keep me busy. Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse, no customers etc, and they are going into liquidation. Not something I would want anyone to go through.

The upside to this is 2 fold. Firstly they have found work which is considerably easier than selling and delivering beds. Secondly I got pickings from the shops spares. I now have a cupboard under the stairs full of wood. Loads of good quality bed slats from top quality bed manufacturers, a couple of hundred 4'6 lengths. A stack of side rails that can be split and machined, the majority is scandinavian pine. And loads of fixtures and fittings, bolts etc. Over 25 years worth of spares they've acumulated. And to top it all off I was given the 2 Delonghi Dragon oil filled rads from the shop, one for the conservatory where I tend to keep my wood, and one to replace the totally inadequate heater in my shop.

Looks like I'm in the shop saturday finishing off my router table and looking far a new project or ten! Ideas welcome.

Martin

may you could make some beds .............. :oops: sorry stupid comment. couldn't help my self.

i'm sure someone with some useful advice will be along soon

I would sleep on it then decide. :oops:
i'll get my coat.......................................... :wink:

I would just like to appologise to everyone, I should have known better on this forum than to give any sort of ammunition for humour :lol:

Now i've had a chance to sleep on it I still haven't got a clue!

a bed raises you above the problems of shag pile and carpet burns

but carpet bombing is still a risk

sorry martlewis for starting the terrible jokes, seams we have more comedians then woodworkers :) . cradle sounds a good idea, or may be a cot(wood already cut to ruff shape). or maybe legs for somethink like bedside table. Or instead of solid wooden sides on a side table have slated side with one third gaps.

hope this is more useful then first post
pobo

Back