• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Light for Milling Machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi paul, ive got led battens in my workshop, its amazing how well lit it is. I had a couple spare so put a lead and plug on them, they are fantastic. I highly recommend buying an l.e.d daylight batten.

I have some little led lights which are on a flexible shaft with a magnetic base.
They were ludicrously cheap from Ali express or somewhere a while ago. Brilliant things, just magnet it on and aim the light exactly where you need it.
I have one on the bandsaw and one on the cnc machine.
They are sold as sewing machine lights.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001890799860.htmlLike this but mine have uk plugs.

Ollie

Sorry I'm a bit late, only just read your post re machine lights. I bought two from IKEA they are anglepoise type, you know the ones with the two arms and springs. Had tbem for about 18 months now, work well, plenty of adjustment. Have a look at IKEA online, they are named "Tertial" found under Reading Lamps and cost £10 each, lamps are seperate, I would recommend a daylight lamp rather than the "warm white reading" colour that I bought.

Back