Light boxes.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt1245

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any plans for light boxes, or know of any on the internet? The type with a flourescent light inside, to counteract the effects of SAD?

With the clocks changing, i'm already starting to feel a bit disheartened going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.

I think a nice light box on top of the pc table to recharge my batteries while i'm brousing the forum is just the ticket.

Matt.

Matt1245":3qak5a5g said:
I think a nice light box on top of the pc table to recharge my batteries while i'm brousing the forum is just the ticket.

I think a nice light ale on top of the pc table is a tastier alternative.

:eek:ccasion5:

Gill

PS Sorry - I've no plans, but if you find any then please let me know, if only for the sake of my liver.

ive looked into these before, the commercially availible products are a tad expensive.

Seasonal Affective Disorder

Basically it is a condition where the sufferer can experience extreme depression when the winter months kick in.

SAD = Seasonal Affective Disorder. Basically some people get miserable if they don't have enough proper daylight.

Now that I am not in an office I find that I hardly notice winter (apart from the freezing cold and pouring rain)!

Philly":2y8c3zvb said:
Ouch! Not cheap!

No you are right but I have found that in my wshop which is lit by 12 strips that the colour correction is nuts. I looked at the grass outside last night lit up by the workshop window and it was an insane electric green. So I'm going to try a few and see if it makes a difference.

Cheers

Tim

tim":2bdx7asg said:
SAD = Seasonal Affective Disorder. Basically some people get miserable if they don't have enough proper daylight.

WAD workshop Affective Disorder. Basically some people get miserable if they don't have enough proper workshoptime

i,m sure i suffer with it :oops:

Martyn

Back