Lidl's quibble quibble 3 year tool guarantee

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 If you don't complain nothing will change, manufacturers will keep producing the same fault over and over, until someone points out its not right and then hopefully things will improve.

Mike

+too.

If the item fails during the warranty period then it should be replaced, repaired or refunded. However, having seen some customer returns at a major tool importer, I can understand that a line can be crossed to the point where a company says Foxtrot Oscar.

I am not pointing a finger at the OP at all, and have experienced a Lidl store manager refusing to replace a faulty item, but there are many out there who truly take the Michael out of warranties. As for Lidl, or indeed any company, a quick google for the current Managing Director or CEO's name prior to discussing the next step works wonders when you state that the conversation is over and the next person you contact will be Christian Hartnagel (MD Lidl UK - Mr Hardnail I kid you not!). Immediate change of tone from said Manager and refund duly made.

I know it should make no difference, I know that there are consumer acts, I know I am a pain in the .... and I know it's a form of blackmail but, as Rhett said, "frankly my Dear I don't give a damm." :D

RogerS":uzqlxmue said:
doctor Bob":uzqlxmue said:
Bobby's life tip.

move on ...........

the hassle of signing up to forums, posting a rant etc etc, the resentment is all yours, the service agent is not losing any sleep, it is just you.
Would you rather be happy or right ....... let it go. Move on

I guess it depends on how principled you are. Where would you draw the line ? Would you say the same if the item was valued at £100? £1000 ? £10,000 ? If not then that's a very slippery slope you'd have us go down.

Are you saying that if anyone of us has an issue with a supplier that we should simply stay schtum ? Not alert others to a possible problem? I thought that that was one of the things that forums were for ?

I suspect as it was the OP's first ever post it was a revenge post against LIdl, especially as he's not replied. I think we all have reasonable judgement on what is worth pursuing and what isn't. I've had a fairly simple outlook on life for the past couple of decades and for me the biggest killer is resentments, hence let it go rather than going on as many forums as possible to slag lidl off, no one really gives a toss.

How principled am I? I have a very strong moral compass, which I believe everybody should live to, with the possible exception of me :)

I know someone with lidl mulitool as well - it's just garbage only fit for skip, I guess you Live and learn?
For this reason I rarely ever buy something from lidl tool range- they are all pathetic immitations which are very poorly made in cheap china workshops NOT Germany as their markings lead you to believe , yes they are very cheap and at first look provide good value for money , but if you look realistically they are simply not worth anyone's time and they are built to be sold at that price.. You are not getting a bargain with any of their tools- they are simply built to be sold at those prices.

Pay a bit more and get a proper tool or pay a bit less/same and get a good quality 2nd hand tool. You get what you pay for - that saying is spot on for lidl tools,sometimes you get even less what you pay for.
I really like Lidl otherwise and Lidl Is my favorite store , but the tool range.... don't even get me started :D

Friedrich":a2ckakxj said:
I know someone with lidl mulitool as well - it's just garbage only fit for skip, I guess you Live and learn?
For this reason I rarely ever buy something from lidl tool range- they are all pathetic immitations which are very poorly made in cheap china workshops NOT Germany as their markings lead you to believe , yes they are very cheap and at first look provide good value for money , but if you look realistically they are simply not worth anyone's time and they are built to be sold at that price.. You are not getting a bargain with any of their tools- they are simply built to be sold at those prices.

Pay a bit more and get a proper tool or pay a bit less/same and get a good quality 2nd hand tool. You get what you pay for - that saying is spot on for lidl tools,sometimes you get even less what you pay for.
I really like Lidl otherwise and Lidl Is my favorite store , but the tool range.... don't even get me started :D

I think many would disagree with you, me being one of them.

@Freidrich:

I do not have the Lidl multi tool but I do have a couple of their others - ROS and a "Dremel-type" drill with flexi drive. neither of them are what you'd call "top of the range" (festool, w.h.y.) but sorry, personally I can't agree that my Lidl tools are fit only for the bin. They work, make a noise, go round and round, and do the job - reliably. In comparison to anything else, they were VERY cheap, so IMO they are good value for money.

In other words, you ARE getting a bargain - well I feel that I did anyway.

AES

(crossed with Rorscach's post - "Yup me too")!

Johnlovesoak":2ekpnipe said:
For those who may be tempted to buy power tools from Lidl (Parkside brand) my current experience with their 3 year guarantee says steer well clear. The guarantee gives reassurance that whilst not being the most precise tools, these cheap options will last. My experience is that they don't last well and if you return them with any sort of fault other than them completely stopping working, then you may be in for a nasty suprise. I returned a multitool with a broken switch, several months on and I still don't have a replacement tool and they are wanting to charge me a penalty charge for returning a faulty tool to me. Lidl themselves are trying to claim no responsibility for the warranty, even though the warranty book is Lidl branded. Their services agent have told me to pay the charge or they will skip the product. They now refuse to even answer my e-mails. I am now referring it to the Retail ADR and trading standards. If you buy a tool from Lidl, treat it as disposable and I'd forget the reassurance of their so called warranty. Just thought I'd share this.

I'm struggling to take this post seriously. Lidl's fruit and veg barely lasts a day and they are a grocer.....so I'm not sure what people can realistically expect of their tools. lol

Back