Lidl wet/dry vac Sunday 15th

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought two of these following recommendations on this site last year, wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

that looks neat!

- Power take off
- Power adjusment
and what looks likes a filter cleaner? is it any good?

What's the noise like guys ?
I can't stand screaming vacs. The big titan and the old vax were too noisy for me. Same goes for the older green and yellow Record RSDE machines (R2D2's :)
I'm interested in the comment about "noise reduced motor".

Mine is quieter than my Dyson, a lot quieter than my last vac.
The tools are all still in good condition and the hose is long enough to do the whole car when fed through one door.
Very highly recommended, I would buy another but this one is still good, I am even still on its original filter!

Pete

Mine's quieter than my old dyson, though at full power it does make a fair bit of noise, I find. I built a box to keep the noise down on one, following Bob's plan. It stays put and is always on max and attaches to my band saw or anything else that the tube will reach. Just found the cutting plan I took to B&Q to build the box with baffle, in case that's what you were thinking of doing. Cost under £18 for the 18mm mdf, free cutting and just needed screwing together and clips for the top.
IMG_1418.jpg

The second one is mobile and also attaches to the bandsaw but it also comes into the house, and we used it to extract a load of flood water from the car following an 'incident'! Worked a treat for that too.

Attachments

• IMG_1418.jpg
    IMG_1418.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 232
I can't stand screaming vacs. The big titan and the old vax were too noisy for me. Same goes for the older green and yellow Record RSDE machines (R2D2's :)

In truth if you have a problem with noise this may not be for you. I have one and don't find it any more noisy than most of the tools and machinery connected to it and would recommend it to anyone but it is not low noise but is very effective.

Apologies if stupid question,
Does using the PTO mean that the vac only runs when the tool connected is switched on?

Bill

banjerbill":2gx74zpu said:
Does using the PTO mean that the vac only runs when the tool connected is switched on?

Bill

No, there is a selector switch.... "on", "off", "turn on when there is a power demand on the PTO"

Brandlin":21wxj9im said:
banjerbill":21wxj9im said:

Bill

No, there is a selector switch.... "on", "off", "turn on when there is a power demand on the PTO"

Thanks, never used one, I assumed the load from the tool switched on the vac but didn't realize there was a switch setting.

Bill

Sideways":1hfdfril said:

Quietest shop style vac I've found is the old Numatic Henry, used with bags (cheap off ebay) it'll suck up anything dry, seemingly they do a blue one (charles??) that does wet also, albeit no idea on the noise of that, then you get into their industrial models

Thanks for Lidl tip off. I just bought two. They are selling fast. My numatic has inexplicably lost suction despite clean filter and new bag.

Thanks, Pete. Wouldn’t have seen these otherwise. Just went and bought one. Nearly bought the Parkside compressor too as I want one for a nail gun for brads but decided to wait as I don’t know enough about them

arrrgggh the temptation is strong with this vac, must admit it looks good for the price.

Rob_H":2upd30ev said:
Thanks, Pete. Wouldn’t have seen these otherwise. Just went and bought one. Nearly bought the Parkside compressor too as I want one for a nail gun for brads but decided to wait as I don’t know enough about them

Compressor?

The following is all I see that they have on offer?
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offe ... 718&week=1

:?: :?: :?:

just been down and had a look at the compressor looks a good buy for the price but, has anyone got one in use? if so any good?

colonel-cueball":3aa1r755 said:
Rob_H":3aa1r755 said:

Compressor?

The following is all I see that they have on offer?
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offe ... 718&week=1

:?: :?: :?:
. My local one had a newly arrived stock of Parkside compressors next to the vacs

Back