Lidl wet and dry vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Chaps

Its back in on Monday.

I have one it's been working for a couple of years faultlessly. and at £60 it's a bargain.

Pete

Racers":1v92j4e0 said:
Hi, Chaps
Its back in on Monday.
I have one it's been working for a couple of years faultlessly. and at £60 it's a bargain.
Pete
How noisy it Pete?

Racers":1g2zak6f said:
Hi, Chaps

Its back in on Monday.

Pete

i was going to ask whether these were any good. 3 year warranty on them I see.

Is it bagless?

Hi, Chaps

Its not excessively loud its quieter than my last one, and the house dyson.

Its bagless with a big paper filter.

Pete

vac.PNG

Racers":29kudfrn said:
Hi, Chaps
Its not excessively loud its quieter than my last one, and the house dyson.
Its bagless with a big paper filter.
Pete
Thanks Pete - I think I'll get one. :)

Hi, Mick

Get loads in mine, there is a lot of space under the filter.
I usually empty mine when its gets heavy to pull around.
Just watch the plastic catches they tend to fall off when you tip it in the rubbish bin and you have to dig round to find them :oops:
I had gallons of water in it when my mates garage flooded.

Pete

I bought one last time they were on sale, following a recommendation from on here (might have been Pete) - it's been really good and I've had no trouble with it. The power take off is worth paying the extra for compared to the price of the standard wet and dry vac they also do.

I too bought one when they were first advertised and have been very happy with it. I use it with the power take off for most of my tools.

I've had one of the earlier versions (branded Parkside) for some years and it's been fine, it's my main user for chop saw and disc sander and general duties around the drill, work bench, car etc.

The only reservation I have is the diameter of the hoses, they do restrict the flow and debris size somewhat.
I made some adaptors and fitted 63mm hose, much more useful.

Not as noisy as the little house vac we have.

Hi, Chas

The hose on mine has started to look a little battered, I might need to do some thing like that my self.

Pete

Racers":1v7h5bet said:
Hi, Chas

The hose on mine has started to look a little battered, I might need to do some thing like that my self.

Pete
Might have to pay nearly as much for the hose as the vac, made me hum & har for a while but I'm glad I did it.

The power take-off isn't mentioned in the English text description on the Lidl website. The video shows it, but with a euro style socket. Does anybody know what style of take-off socket is present on the version sold in the UK?

How good is the wet carpet cleaning function?

My cat loves to projectile vomit of ANY new floor surface including brand new carpets! I'm sure he smiles as he watches me scrub the carpet :?

baldpate":129cp5oz said:
The power take-off isn't mentioned in theEnglish text description on the Lidl website. The video shows it, but with a euro style socket. Does anybody know what style of take-off socket is present on the version sold in the UK?
Mine is fitted with UK socket and is rated 1400watt.

billybuntus":2azkuye8 said:
How good is the wet carpet cleaning function?

My cat loves to projectile vomit of ANY new floor surface including brand new carpets! I'm sure he smiles as he watches me scrub the carpet :?

It sucks very well, not as good as a carpet cleaner and you will have to apply the cleaner by hand (or garden sprayer) but it does work.

Pete

Well went past Lidl earlier today and picked up one of the PTO extractors

DSCF5225.jpg

Got to say am very impressed with it for the price, good length hose, good suction, delayed stop on switching power tool off.

In a nutshell it does what it says on the tin - excellent value for £59:99!

I bought one today too. For the price it's fantastic, well worth the 2 hour walk to Lidl to get it!

Back