Lidl vacuum.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an earlier version - it even survived falling off scaffolding - a bit chipped in places, but still functional. When it finally dies mechanically, I will try to separate out the power take-off and put it in a separate box - very useful extra to have.

That said, I suspect the EU rules on motor power for Hoovers might have had an effect. I think mine is more powerful, but it's not here at the moment for me to check.

Eric The Viking":1231r5p9 said:
I have an earlier version - it even survived falling off scaffolding - a bit chipped in places, but still functional. When it finally dies mechanically, I will try to separate out the power take-off and put it in a separate box - very useful extra to have.

That said, I suspect the EU rules on motor power for Hoovers might have had an effect. I think mine is more powerful, but it's not here at the moment for me to check.

The EU rules only apply to domestic machines, I suspect they get around this by claiming it is industrial.

That's a good price on the bags, too.

I quite agree about the value of bags - I have an old Earlex that's the other workshop extractor for small tools (and the bandsaw), and I rather regret not using bags in it when it was younger, so-to-speak. I have a couple of can-type filters (the Parkside uses similar ones but with a different clamp), and they are OK, but unless it's just sawdust, a proper bag would've been a sensible option.

I use them in the Parkside all the time, and the difference is the cloud that comes out when I start the Earlex - the Parkside doesn't do that.

I don't use bags with mine, I have a dust deputy cyclone instead.

My first parkside lasted about 7 years, it still works but the bearings are going so I only use it for rubble now. My new one is about 3 years old and has only ever been used with the cyclone, it's still on it's original filter.

I was advised by a friend who maintained white goods and small electrical stuff for a living to use Henry, always with a bag. I have an indoor Henry and the Lidl for everything else, both with bags - if I'm working outdoors with router or chopsaw it gets used for that as well. He said Dysons kept him in a job and wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

I use a bag on my Henry but have not found it necessary on the shop vac when using a cyclone.

Just a caution for those folks that have the Parkside power take off models of old that are real workhorses, I love mine, the current generation of the shop vacs seem somewhat less robust in overall construction. But at half the price of a Vax etc. you takes your choice.

I picked up one of the lesser 20ltr? units a few weeks ago, it's ok for what I need to save me moving my other units around, and on offer at less than £20 it's Ok.
I get the impression Metal gauge has been reduced and plastics cheapened, hose on this smaller model is stiff and less user friendly. But it sucks with gusto, just not something that would stand up long to site use.

Back