Lidl Update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used one once many moons ago when we had a sample to test/import
I've not seen or used one, I wonder how clean is the cut.

I saw a vid recently of a compressed jet of water cutting metal plate like it was butter.
I'm sure the pressures involved are very high.

I'm most annoyed as my phablet wont run the lidl plus app as too old :cry:

I've not seen or used one, I wonder how clean is the cut.

I saw a vid recently of a compressed jet of water cutting metal plate like it was butter.
I'm sure the pressures involved are very high.
With the low to mid-range machines that I've seen and used the cut will always need a lot of cleaning up with a grinder. The high end CNC machines which use a shielding gas in addition to the plasma arc can do a finish cut or very close.
Water jet is the ultimate (apart from wire EDM). It's not actually the water doing the cutting it's an abrasive powder in the water. The cut normally needs no further cleanup and can look like a ground finish (which it basically is).

I have the Aldi chisels but don’t use them a lot. When I do they are great though. Apparently the half inch impact wrench from Lidl is very much sought after

I have the Aldi chisels but don’t use them a lot. When I do they are great though. Apparently the half inch impact wrench from Lidl is very much sought after
do you mean, impact wrench or impact driver? I've not seen a wrench at all, but I might have to keep my eyes open, any idea what the torque is listed as?

Impact wrench, no I don’t know the specs sorry. My brother in law is a mechanic and he says a lot of people are after it

When our local Lidl opened a month or so ago, one of the opening offers was for a drill press for £19.99 and a bandsaw for £49.99
The bandsaw is good value, a re-labelled scheppach I think.
On another note, anyone want a drill press for £19.98, used once and put away?

When our local Lidl opened a month or so ago, one of the opening offers was for a drill press for £19.99 and a bandsaw for £49.99
The bandsaw is good value, a re-labelled scheppach I think.
On another note, anyone want a drill press for £19.98, used once and put away?

Well I need a drill press but it would probably cost more than £20 just to get it here :LOL:

I've got the Lidl Parkside 1/2 drive corded impact wrench. The manual says that it is good for 100nm doing up and 320nm undoing. It has been powerful enough to do what I have wanted including the wheel nuts on my van.

PXL_20210111_160336497.jpg

I actually find the customer experience in Lidl/Aldi quite refreshing. The store I go to is well-staffed and they're quick to open extra checkouts even if it's only to process one or two people to keep the queues down. The staff are all really friendly and pleasant, they're always willing to give me mum a hand when she wants something lifting into her trolley..

I agree re their service - staff are great. Yeah, some of the fruit can be a bit dodge, but you just need to check it over.
Though billw, what's your mum doing buying a plasma cutter? 😁

I've got the Lidl Parkside 1/2 drive corded impact wrench. The manual says that it is good for 100nm doing up and 320nm undoing. It has been powerful enough to do what I have wanted including the wheel nuts on my van.

View attachment 100718
Huh, that's quite a small number of "ugga-dugga's" for an impact wrench of that physical size.

Don't get me wrong it's a very useful level of undoing force for a consumer tool, with too much more being increasingly less practical in the hands of the unwary public... But it's a lot of mass and space used to generate it.

My similarly massive cordless Makita will spit out 1000Nm of torque, whilst modern units producing 300ish Nm from Makita and Milwaukee are smaller than my current (ancient) impact driver (which definitely does not generate that much torque).

Take car with Lidl’s measuring tools, YouTube video coming, but a square I had from the turn out not to be square - found out the hard way

Huh, that's quite a small number of "ugga-dugga's" for an impact wrench of that physical size.

Don't get me wrong it's a very useful level of undoing force for a consumer tool, with too much more being increasingly less practical in the hands of the unwary public... But it's a lot of mass and space used to generate it.

My similarly massive cordless Makita will spit out 1000Nm of torque, whilst modern units producing 300ish Nm from Makita and Milwaukee are smaller than my current (ancient) impact driver (which definitely does not generate that much torque).

Someone asked for the torque figure and I replied. I did not suggest that a £39 tool from a supermarket was on the same level as the high end tools that you have experience with.

Latest posts

Back