Lidl track saw not cutting straight

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergal

Established Member
Reaction score
My Lidl track saw which has served me well for about 3 years now, has started misbehaving. When cutting a 600mm cross cut on a piece of 15mm melamine chipboard, the cut is bowed in the middle, that is it's on the line at the start and end of the cut, but about 2mm off in the middle. This has started happening since I dropped the saw the other day. There's no apparent damage and I've checked that everything is square. I'm not sure if it's been damaged by the fall or it's just the blade that's the problem.

Any ideas? Please don't say I should have bought a Festool!

Thanks

Fergal

Hmm - that sounds odd, 2mm is huge. Maybe try running the saw against a known straight edge to rule out any problems with the track or saw track cams

maybe pop the blade off and see if it lays flat
but i expect it would just become a wobble blade if was warped
it does sound like it is possibly moving sidewards on the track

I bet its out of adjustment after dropping it , there is some adjustment details in the Parkside manual , but you can use the same method as suggested in the various festool ts55 manuals online.
Basically the track slot and blade need to be almost parallel, actually the blade should toe in by about 15 thou , or a piece of paper, if you have too much toe in - like after bumping the saw it will fight the track and deviate .
There are plenty of descriptions on line the saws are very similar in design , the saw bolts/screws to the sole plate and there is some wiggle room to align the track guide slot and blade.
see
page 22 of https://service.festoolusa.com/media/pd ... Manual.pdf

Racers":2pmqoigo said:
Don't forget to get some extra track.

lidl-plunge-saw-extra-track-t106300.html

It's gone up a bit since then, but still a bargain at £17.53 inc P&P

Pete

Hi Pete,
What number do you call? I have access to the Kompernass site but they don't show the Plunge Saws or accessories. I wanted an 800mm rail for my TS55 but if I can get 2 x 700mm for less than £20 rather than £45 (Screwfix) for 1 Festool rail, it seems like a good deal.

On the saw not cutting straight, assuming the track is straight I think the issue is probably the toe-in being knocked out by the drop. Not knowing this particular rail - is the same pressure being applied to the saw across the full width? I have have a few non-perpendicular cuts with my TS55 but it was due to me supporting the rail on a scrap piece of a different thickness but I don't think this is the issue the OP is having.

Thanks,
Matt

porker":19son1ej said:
Racers":19son1ej said:
Don't forget to get some extra track.

lidl-plunge-saw-extra-track-t106300.html

It's gone up a bit since then, but still a bargain at £17.53 inc P&P

Pete

Hi Pete,
What number do you call? I have access to the Kompernass site but they don't show the Plunge Saws or accessories. I wanted an 800mm rail for my TS55 but if I can get 2 x 700mm for less than £20 rather than £45 (Screwfix) for 1 Festool rail, it seems like a good deal.

On the saw not cutting straight, assuming the track is straight I think the issue is probably the toe-in being knocked out by the drop. Not knowing this particular rail - is the same pressure being applied to the saw across the full width? I have have a few non-perpendicular cuts with my TS55 but it was due to me supporting the rail on a scrap piece of a different thickness but I don't think this is the issue the OP is having.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt

The number is in the first post in the thread link.

Pete

transatlantic":10igr8ka said:
Surely if it was toed in by 2mm that would be REALLy hard to push?

It wouldn't need to be toed in (or out) that much. Just a small error could cause the cut to pull the track slightly in one direction. If there is foam on the bottom of the track it could move small amount.

porker":qxcmlcn1 said:
transatlantic":qxcmlcn1 said:
Surely if it was toed in by 2mm that would be REALLy hard to push?

It wouldn't need to be toed in (or out) that much. Just a small error could cause the cut to pull the track slightly in one direction. If there is foam on the bottom of the track it could move small amount.

No - I meant that if the issue was the saw being misaligned, and the resultant cult is 2mm out of wack, then surely the saw would be really hard to push?

I checked the saw over the weekend and it was the adjustment cams. They were a bit loose and the saw was moving slightly laterally on the track. I could also do with a new blade.

The number I had, and in the first post, no longer seems to work. I emailed Lidl, who passed me onto Kompernass.

You need to email [email protected], quoting the IAN Number. Mine was 282495, but the model varies slightly by each year (not that it should matter). I was then sent a PDF of the manual and asked to provide the exact parts numbers from the diagram (21,22, and 23 in my case). Then you get a quote, then you have to send your details, and they order, then ask you to pay by Bank Transfer or paypal. Seems complicated but quick and efficient (taken about 24 hours to do the order).

Here's the last email I had on the subject which contains the requirements if you want to short cicuit some of that.

"Part Reference: 282495/ZU01 Führunggschiene Nr. 21, 22, 23 f. PTSS 1200 A1/B1

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in our products. We do have the guide rails (2x) with joiners (2x) for 17.80 Pounds including postage. Please be aware that the guide rails are same size as the ones that came in the original packaging of your tool.

If you would like to order, please send us the following information (after we place an order we will send you the bank details):

- • Full names

- • Full address

- • Telephone number

- • IAN of your appliance

- • Permission to pass your contact number to the courier for delivery purposes.

Payment is either by PayPal or bank transfer (no card or cheque payments, due to extra fees). Details will follow once you have confirmed your wish to order. The delivery time is two weeks after receipt of the invoiced amount"

That's a great price for tracks and theirs are really not that bad, I do prefer my festool track though, however it was three times the price.

Latest posts

Back