Lidl SDS Bit sets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essex Barn Workshop

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
So today, 31/12, the “middle of Lidl” I’d DIY
They have three SDS bit sets, each at £9.99 and not needing a chisel set I picked up the other two.
DAC3B07F-86F1-4C95-80A4-359C8D97BC49.jpeg

both in well fitted metal cases. All the bit sizes are on the covers shown, but are:
Auger bits all 230mm long
8/10/12/14/16/18 & 20mm
Hammer drill bits
110mm x 5/6/8mm
160mm x 6/8/10/12mm
210mm x 6/8/10mm
260mm x 12/14mm

hope this post is useful to someone. Plenty of other stuff there as well.

I've got several of their masonry bits and found them very good for the money and more than sturdy enough for DIY use. What are the Auger bits like?

very good once you give the cutting edge a little stoning to get them properly sharp to use in a battery hand drill and as they are so long they really do help ensure you are drilling at 90 to the surface.

I have a chuck fitted to a brace that takes sds and use that

I have one of these fitted to an adaptor that a friend made that has the Brace adaptor thread at one end and a housing for the chuck on the other. the chuck is the one below
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-SDS-...405174?hash=item1cb3aae2f6:g:UqsAAOSwtLterAy0

Ah I see. Do you know how he made the adaptor?

I have wanted for a while to fit an SDS chuck on my little cordless combi. I currently use a keyed chuck and homemade SDS adaptor but a proper chuck would be easier. They don't seem to be threaded in the same way as a standard drill chuck though.

He's a model boat lathey milling boiler maker dude, he used to work in Rosyth Dockyard. He took my brace, the new chuck and my Bosch hammer drill for a couple of months and then gave it back along with the adaptor with the chuck fitted (permenantly) and screwed onto the brace; said he had fun working out how to make the chuck secure and if the hammer drill wasn't working properly to give it back and he would put it back together properly this time.

Latest posts

Back