lidl scrollsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Similar' might be where the description ends. It wouldn't surprise me if the frame was churned out from the very same factory. There are many machines that look almost identical to this type.
I suppose you can always take it back and say that it's not fit for purpose. Then again you might get a perfectly adequate starter machine.

Whoa! Why did i put this in hand tools? somedbody move me!

Dont know about the scroll saw as I havent got one. Did get one of the older Aldi one though and its fine (not that I use it much). However I can say that I find Parkside (Lidl's brand) superior to Power Craft (Aldi's) in regard to fit, finish.......and asthetics :p. They just 'feel' to have more quality over Aldi's stuff. I reckon the scroller will be fine for general hobby use, pick yourself up a pack of good blades and you'll be fine.

I was also looking at the saw to start with and as CroppyBoy1798 said the Lidl kit does seem better than the Aldi kit.

My few pence...
Parkside and Powercraft is nothing else than Einhell - only painted to customer's demand - in this case either blue o green.
Once I was efter Lidl's air compressor and I phoned them up to get some information about specs. Nice lady said they just got delivery from Einhell in Gemany and still haven't received manuals for their own use. I also checked Einhell's website and I could find exactly same model but painted differently. So in fact Aldi and Lidl get same stuff from Einhell...
Hope it helps
Arek

P.S.
That little comressor is excellent plus I got few other Aldi/Lidl bits and bobs...

Just taken a look at the photo and it appears to be basically the same as My Record SS16V. Except there is no perspex guard on mine, it has a hold down/ guard with a blower attached. The flexi arm on mine is an LED light. The knobs are slightly different. Mine has a75 watt motor and a 5 year guarantee and I paid £95 for it from a local tool store. It needed a little setting up to get the blade square to the table.
In use its a 100% better than a previous machine I had. I suppose you pays your money and you take your chance. Good luck. :D

Can't be bad for the price , would spend that, or more, at the pub on a saturday night !! :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:
just remember to buy some "quality "blades

Just a quickie, When I bought the record it had one of the rubber feet missing. A quick log on to 'Record power' web site and sent a message via support on the 29/11/10 and received the replacement for no charge on the 3/11/10. I consider that to be a good service with minimum hassle :D . i have no connection with the company other than being a satisfied customer. They honored the no quibble guarantee. If Lidl do the same then for the money its got to be worth a chance. :D

DOH :oops: That would be have been even better, blast this errant finger, should of course have read - 4/12/10.
Message to oneself - check glasses, check typing, check finger. look up list of instant excuses :D

Purchased the Parkside saw an hour ago. Got it home and opened it up.

It only takes PINNED blades #-o :x

I opened the saw up in the store and looked at the instructions. No mention of it only taking pinned blades.

I Don't know of the possibility of changing it so that it accepts both blades.

BE AWARE. This machine does not have a drop foot. :shock: In my opinion this is unacceptable the wood would bounce up and down.

I was willing to buy this machine even although it is not pinless. However I am not willing to accept the lack of a drop foot.
The machine will be going back to Lidl tommorow. Even the cheapest of machines like SIP and Clarke have a drop foot.

What a shame.

Back