Quantcast

Lidl screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Pete Maddex

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Steve

I have some SS ones they had in a couple of years ago, seem fine to me, harder then some of the made of cheese ones you get with SS hinges.
I have 4 of the big ones that where in the set holding my bog down, they havent gone rusty and had to be drilled out like the old ones.
I am planning on getting some.

Pete

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Let's hope they are not all left handed, I think that's what is bothering Steve. Perhaps it's a new twist on security screws.

Must say I've never had any complaints using others from that source.

YorkshireDave

Established Member
Reaction score
Pete Maddex":k0rha8e4 said:
Hi, Steve

I have some SS ones they had in a couple of years ago, seem fine to me, harder then some of the made of cheese ones you get with SS hinges.
I have 4 of the big ones that where in the set holding my bog down, they havent gone rusty and had to be drilled out like the old ones.
I am planning on getting some.

Pete
For holding bogs down its always best to use brass. It reacts less with the uric acid. Even marine stainless is affected eventually.

doorframe

Established Member
Reaction score
CHJ":av2o0o4i said:
Let's hope they are not all left handed, I think that's what is bothering Steve. Perhaps it's a new twist on security screws.

Must say I've never had any complaints using others from that source.

Take no notice of the fact the pic shows left handed. Lidl are constantly mirroring their pics. Don't know why. 1st noticed it when they had a SCMS with the motor mounted on the left. It was accompanied by a video (to display it's capabilities) in which the motor was (conventionally) mounted on the right.

Roy

Tom K

Established Member
Reaction score
The lines are the self drilling feature pilot hole not required.

DaveyP

Established Member
Reaction score
Generally, screws are screws and you can see what you get (providing they don't shear)

But glue is quite a sticky subject.

Lee J

Established Member
Reaction score
DaveyP":33za7r3r said:
Generally, screws are screws and you can see what you get (providing they don't shear)

But glue is quite a sticky subject.
Stickier than when Sticky the Stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun :D

YorkshireDave

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used both the express and exterior glues previously and they are both fine. Certainly seen no difference to any other I've bought.