Lidl Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Hi,

Could I ask your opinions on the Lidl sander that's coming up for sale this Sunday.

Do you think it would be and good for mid/heavy use?

It's only a 125mm disc so I'm assuming it's not, however what I was also thinking that as you can stand it upright and clamp it to a bench therefore could you use it for touching up chisels and plane blades etc?

Could you angle the table, with possibly some simple home made jig clamped to the table, do this, and it also has adjustable speed.

Thinking along the lines of a cheaper Worksharp?

Worth a punt for £30 quid?

Any thoughts?

Regards
Phil

125mm will give 60+ mm of grinding area only to safely use .From the ad. angling the table and vertically use is shown .so cheaper Worksharp for chisels if the disc back plate runs true, and of course it will make a great pencil sharpener.

From what I understand, the worksharp only works because the surface the paper sticks too is DEAD flat, very hard and runs very true. I doubt that will be the case here.

OLD":2qrb67eh said:
125mm will give 60+ mm of grinding area only to safely use
Except that one end of your 60mm will be ground 25 times faster than the other end.
Which is why a belt sander would be a far better option.

Latest posts

Back