Lidl / parkside tracksaw is back, even cheaper!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to fluctuate. I paid £59.99 for mine, the following year it was £69.99, now it's down again.

Yes, I paid 69.99 last year. Didn't realize it was even cheaper at 59.99. what a bargain.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think I got mine about 3 years ago, it was the first time they sold them anyway, the store only got a few in stock and I was there at opening time along with a couple of other people. They sold quickly back then. In more recent sales I have seen them hanging around week later. I keep hoping to spot one at 30% off, I'll get another then.

It looks a little different from the one they had in the past
Not sure if that's why the price fluctuation

Hlsmith":362g4p2k said:
It looks a little different from the one they had in the past
Not sure if that's why the price fluctuation

Does it? Looks the same as mine to me.

The hole for blade bold access is a different shape it's square in the pics on lidls site but every other picture I've seen it's not square
The older saws have a red piece of plastic at the top of the handle at the back the one on the lidl site doesn't and the black rubber grip is different

Oh yes there are some cosmetic changes, I thought you were talking about features. My apologies.

I just wondered if they are sourcing it from somewhere else I know that the older version is an einhell I just wondered if someone else was making it

Probably just that the earlier versions were dipping their toe so they went for a plain re-badge. Now they know it's a popular tool they have splashed out a bit and had some cosmetic re-branding. Likely still the same stuff inside.

Rutlands plunge saw is the same, although Parkside came out with it a couple of years before Rutlands - 1/2 the price and 3 years warranty from Lidl .

..bizarre price, I have been quoted virtually the same amount just for an additional piece of track for my Aldi version!!!

If it doesn't cut square out of the box, can you set it yourself? I believe the Aldi one has to be sent off...

PeteG":1orpxi1k said:
If it doesn't cut square out of the box, can you set it yourself? I believe the Aldi one has to be sent off...
How you mean? Do you mean parallel to the track? Or the downward plunge cut?

sammy.se":whyb9mj4 said:
PeteG":whyb9mj4 said:
How you mean? Do you mean parallel to the track? Or the downward plunge cut?

The plunge cut Sammy...When Peter Millard reviewed the Aldi one, there are two grub screws on the base plate that have to be factory set if,
it didn't cut square...

Hmm, I thought mine were adjustable. I will have a look tonight. Maybe they changed the design (I hope not!!)

sammy.se":38a046at said:
Hmm, I thought mine were adjustable. I will have a look tonight. Maybe they changed the design (I hope not!!)

Appreciated Sammy :D I've been trying to find out if how the Titan one is set for square. It'd be nice if it's as easy as the Festool...

Yes, it's adjustable - two grub screws, front and back, for fine square adjustment.

73c81f16b6ce3c20ec64014e9f9f595b.jpg
8ae3f81b9dd0804310f8513ca68e0b4e.jpg
03ce27f1f0783fada45c36dab8bfc68d.jpg
232493de35dc0fd6eb32c3cc200df9ba.jpg
33c582585188d367be01bd5736b1f203.jpg

sammy.se":4m4w3h58 said:
Yes, it's adjustable - two grub screws, front and back, for fine square adjustment.

Much appreciated Sammy :D Does it have a scribe cut button or marker? Sorry for all the questions :D I can't decide between this or the Titan, although I had decided on the Titan before finding out about this one yesterday.

Back