Lidl electric nailer/stapler?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accipiter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right area to post this for some assistance - I'm still finding my way round the forum having recently joined.

In Feb I purchased one of the electric nailer/stapler tools from Lidl in the Parkside tool range mainly because I wanted to try one and the price was, well, cheap and I needed a tacker.

Although I found it, surprisingly, reasonably capable for the price if not perfect, I've now got an issue with it because of having lost one of the retaining screws for the faceplate. I have made contact with the Lidl service email/site for spare parts but can not locate the screws and waiting to see if they can help me locate some replacements.

Just wondering if any other members have used the Lidl (Parkside)electric nailer/stapler and had the same issue of the faceplate screws coming loose or even being lost and how they have found replacements.

Last edited:
I don’t have the tool you do, but I’m very confident in saying that Lidl will not have commissioned custom fasteners for it. They will likely be metric, which can be purchased in many places.
I both have a pot of salvaged screws for when I lose one, or I get one from a mixed pack, these are available from screwfix, ebay and many other places; they are very handy.

I don’t have the tool you do, but I’m very confident in saying that Lidl will not have commissioned custom fasteners for it. They will likely be metric, which can be purchased in many places.
I both have a pot of salvaged screws for when I lose one, or I get one from a mixed pack, these are available from screwfix, ebay and many other places; they are very handy.
Thanks Apha-Dave for your reply. I'll have a search for a mixed pack of screws like the one I've still got 😉😁
I've got a toolstaion and Screwfix branches close by so will measure up the one I've got and see what I can find.
I've also got a jar of miscellaneous screws/bolts but I'm pretty sure I don't have one the size i need. May have one to cut down but...
Thanks for pointer towards screwfixetc.

Assuming it's the corded machine then looking at the picture I would bet money that it's an M4, 5 or 6 Allen head bolt - metric thread (if you have the other faceplate bolt then you can see how long it is) - screwfix as suggested OR your local cycle shop as these bolts are very common on bikes. The bike shop would probably give you a bolt! - take the machine to the bike shop.

Assuming it's the corded machine then looking at the picture I would bet money that it's an M4, 5 or 6 Allen head bolt - metric thread (if you have the other faceplate bolt then you can see how long it is) - screwfix as suggested OR your local cycle shop as these bolts are very common on bikes. The bike shop would probably give you a bolt! - take the machine to the bike shop.
Thanks robgul - appreciate your input.
I've measured the one I've got and it appears to be 4mm by 7mm long on the thread... allen key as you say. I was about to post some pics of it so here they are.
I'll try to find a bike shop as you mentioned. Meanwhile I've taken the plunge and ordered some 4mm X 8mm plus split washers from ebay. For under a fiver I've not lost much and, if the right size will have spares.

I couldn't find this size at my local s screwfix or toolstation hence a Google search and eBay

Attachments

• IMG_20210716_195810.jpg
    IMG_20210716_195810.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210716_195641.jpg
    IMG_20210716_195641.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210716_195614.jpg
    IMG_20210716_195614.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 4
Thanks robgul - appreciate your input.
I've measured the one I've got and it appears to be 4mm by 7mm long on the thread... allen key as you say. I was about to post some pics of it so here they are.
I'll try to find a bike shop as you mentioned. Meanwhile I've taken the plunge and ordered some 4mm X 8mm plus split washers from ebay. For under a fiver I've not lost much and, if the right size will have spares.

I couldn't find this size at my local s screwfix or toolstation hence a Google search and eBay

If you lived closer to me I'd have given you a handful - I have a couple of drawers in my small parts cabinet with these screws! As well as woodworking I service and repair bicycles as a micro-business (having managed, for an absentee owner, a local bike shop until a couple of years ago)

Extremely kind of you 😊
I'm going down to a local bike shop this morning for 9, when they open, to see if they can/will be able to help. If not then I'll wait till Tuesday for the ones I ordered... hopefully the right size based on what I saw and measured from the one I've got. Either way I'll hopefully have spares should I be in the same predicament later - if I remember where I store them 😂

Just to update this thread. With many thanks to @robgulfor suggesting the bike shop - and others that took the time to suggest other options. I was able to get a couple of the required fitting from my local bike shop. Now sorted 👍👌

M4, 5 or 6 Allen head bolt - metric thread (if you have the other faceplate bolt then you can see how long it is) - screwfix as suggested OR your local cycle shop as these bolts are very common on bikes.
Shows how old I am - all the bikes I've worked on used BA, special cycle threads and the like! The wonders (and common sense!) of metrication. No doubt my Kalkhoff e-Bike is all metric.

Shows how old I am - all the bikes I've worked on used BA, special cycle threads and the like! The wonders (and common sense!) of metrication. No doubt my Kalkhoff e-Bike is all metric.
Even the rather backward people in the USA that are stuck in Imperial measurements for woodwork use metric for bikes (but then most of the stuff for US brand bikes is manufactured/imported from countries that have embraced metric in the far east and elsewhere). My guess is that bikes went metric in the mid-1980s when the mountain bike fad kicked off and Taiwan started making them.

On a tangent from the original thread. Back in the day the company that I worked for purchased several MIG welders from a company called Norman Butters who were a Coventry based company at this time. I had occasion to replace a component on the wire drive unit and couldn't get their fixing pins to fit my new parts. Eventually I found out that Butters used Coventry Cycle Thread pins & nuts. I had never heard of this thread and never came across it again except on Butters gear, they must have bought a boatload of cheap pins & nuts.They went bust in the end, shame really, not bad gesr but a pipper to repair. Anyone else come across this thread?

On a tangent from the original thread. Back in the day the company that I worked for purchased several MIG welders from a company called Norman Butters who were a Coventry based company at this time. I had occasion to replace a component on the wire drive unit and couldn't get their fixing pins to fit my new parts. Eventually I found out that Butters used Coventry Cycle Thread pins & nuts. I had never heard of this thread and never came across it again except on Butters gear, they must have bought a boatload of cheap pins & nuts.They went bust in the end, shame really, not bad gesr but a pipper to repair. Anyone else come across this thread?
Definitely a new one on me. Maybe they (Butters) thought if they had their "own" thread they'd keep the market for any repairs or replacement parts for their gear - not thinking back then about going bust?
I've not had a *working* life involved with threads of any type to test my skills/knowledge of and the only one that springs to my mind from back in my youth (schooling etc.,) is Whitworth - although I've a niggling in the back of my mind of another it won't come forward 😂
In my case of this nailer and bolts/screws for the faceplate, I should have realised it would be metric (German manufacture - purchased from Lidl store, UK...) but would never have thought of going to try a bike shop. I've now stocked up with the M4, 4mm x 8mm length from eBay which are the correct length (combined with the split ring) so no need to cut to length the bike shop ones 👍

Back