Levelling underlay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Roger,

I'm pretty sure it would be recommended that any wood floor laid over concete/screed has a vapour barrier. We have Kahrs linea wood construction stuff over screeded concrete and used their Tuplex stuff as an underlay. If you are going to put that stuff down for its levelling properties, it wouldn't hurt to put down a dpm underneath, just to be on the safe side.

-Michael

Michael S":3k9ngojs said:
I'm pretty sure it would be recommended that any wood floor laid over concete/screed has a vapour barrier. We have Kahrs linea wood construction stuff over screeded concrete and used their Tuplex stuff as an underlay. If you are going to put that stuff down for its levelling properties, it wouldn't hurt to put down a dpm underneath, just to be on the safe side.
Seconded. We had our concrete floor re-done, so levelling wasn't an issue, but a vapour barrier was an essential. I used that and some of that foam underlay stuff over the top as well, IIRC. A couple of years on, and apart from the area where the parrot's eaten the cork expansion stuff near the door #-o , it's fine and dandy.

Cheers, Alf

It's these country folk. Concrete up in the air? How do they hold that up there then?

Joking...

Jake":l7d9aex6 said:
It's these country folk. Concrete up in the air? How do they hold that up there then?
I'm such a bumpkin. :oops: I'll just go and lean on a gate and chew some straw, nice and quiet like. :lol:

Cheers, Oo-arr-Alf

Alf":1hse4i8o said:
[I'll just go and lean on a gate and chew some straw, nice and quiet like. :lol:
Alf,

Don't forget we want a full review of the straw - species, taste, texture, ideal age of straw for chewing, how it compares to other straws and of course why straw is better than hay or grass for chewing.

Pete :lol:

Back