Letter to B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Some folks do have a wonderful sense of irony.

From a letter to B&Q Customer Service:
>
>'Dear Sir/Madam
>
>'My congratulations to you on getting a yacht to leave the UK on 28th
>November 2004, sail 27,354 miles around the world and arrive back 72
>days later.
>
>'Could you please let me know when the kitchen I ordered 96 days ago
>will be arriving from your warehouse 13 miles away?'
>
>
>
>David Mortimer
>
>Commercial Director
>
>The Golden Holiday Company Limited
>
>Tel: 0870 777 6955
>
>Fax: 0870 027 6265
>
>www.goldencaribbean.com <http://www.goldencaribbean.com>

I'm impressed he's still retained his sense of humour about it. :roll:

Funnily enough I went down to Falmouth this morning and saw "B&Q" and Dame Ellen herself (good grief, but she's tiny!), bouncing across the netting. Beautiful day; even the navy's "Triton" experimental three-hulled ship looked good. Hmm, three hulls seem to be popular at the moment, don't they? :lol: Anyway, I was looking at the immaculate condition of B&Q's paintwork (doesn't look like she's been 27 yards) and I wondered which brand they used? Dulux? Crown? B&Q own brand..?

I'll get my paintbrush on the way out... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

I was in B&Q at the weekend, when over the store radio (dont you just hate the store radio station in there?) came an advert with Ellen saying how she had used a B&Q own brand drill to fix her mast in heavy seas :shock:

Call me cynical, but I think if I was going on a solo 27,000 mile voyage around the world I would want something slightly more robust than a B&Q own brand drill :twisted:

Steve.

Agreed about the own brand. But I don't think she'd have made it back if she'd said she used a drill she picked up in Homebase ;)

Andrew

now thats not fair on a b&q own brand drill,you can give something a fair wollap with it if you want to fix said mast back in place :wink: :wink: :roll:

She probably had no choice - after all B&Q did finance the boat, and that worked okay! Where else could somebody buy one of those! :roll:

Cheers,

Trev.

Yes - what she failed to mention was that she had used the drill to knock in a couple of nails! :D

Just wondering how long her extension cord must have been ........

Back