Lets talk about Jeans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive gone off levis, m&s are cut too tight last batch i got last year, but H&M selvedge are good, wrangler still ok, and carhart are good if you have long legs, tommy hilfiger arent good value for money compared to h&m but are good. I have a great fjalraven coat so will try their trousers following posts above.

I hate to bring this thread down a notch, but I am currently wearing a pair of heavy denim workwear jeans with a hammer loop and various tool pockets etc, and a part-elasticated waist band for comfort when bending over etc. Best workwear jeans i have personally ever worn. My first pair lasted a year of daily wear before I cut a hole in them accidentally, otherwise they'd still be going strong. I had bought two pairs, so am still wearing the same brand.
Where from? Lidl. £9.99

I grew up with Levis, and didn't wear anything else for years until they became both expensive and of much lower quality.

Now I wear Wranglers which I get sent over from Amazon US. For work they do a heavier version called Wrangler Riggs ( Wrangler Riggs Workwear Men's Carpenter Jean, Vintage Indigo, 40W x 34L at Amazon Men’s Clothing store ) in several different styles.

They are very, very comfortable and seem to wear very well.
Now there's an interesting thing.

Amazon won't send them to N Ireland, but would send them to my son in Scotland.

"They are called Hiut Denim Co and all their jeans are hand made in Wales."

Blimey...I don't pay that much for a suit! Or at least I didn't when in the distant past I had to wear one.

Blimey...I don't pay that much for a suit! Or at least I didn't when in the distant past I had to wear one.
My last suit cost just over £1000. I guess it depends who you get to make it and mine was budget... Fortunately I’ve only had three suits in my life. I need to wear one for business meetings and there is a lot of emphasis on what’s acceptable in some circles. One time the entire London equities exchange was down while one of the staff went to buy me a tie as I turned up to fix the systems without one. It was more important for me to wear a tie than to bring the exchange back on line.
£250 for a pair of jeans sounds a lot but it is only one pint of beer a week in the pub. I guess it comes down to what you want to spend your money on.

I may be of that age but now refuse to wear jeans as they seem to have become what old people wear, like the blue rinse. They are also useless for walking as once wet they are like wet & dry paper whereas cotton dry out much quicker.

I haven't bought a suit for twenty odd years. I very much doubt that I could get into it these days.

I'm in competition with James May. Cheap jeans, haven't a clue what they are. Some my wife bought in Tesco I think. I'm still wearing a Guernsey sweater that my wife knitted forty years ago. Not had a lot of wear, and still as good as the day she made it.

Had a look at the Huit Denim Co website. I'm definitely not paying that for jeans. Like the German Wirehaired Pointer on the homepage though.

Nigel.

Depends how much you want to spend but there's a brand who makes their jeans in Wales using traditional Japanese selvedge denim that will feel like you are wearing concrete pipes for the first 3 weeks as you described. I can't vouch for them personally because they are way out of my price range but I've heard plenty good things about them. (I work in the fashion industry and can vouch for quality going down)

They are called Hiut Denim Co and all their jeans are hand made in Wales.
Correct, Cardigan, worn by the 'celebrities' of this world.

I grew up with Levis, and didn't wear anything else for years until they became both expensive and of much lower quality.

Now I wear Wranglers which I get sent over from Amazon US. For work they do a heavier version called Wrangler Riggs ( Wrangler Riggs Workwear Men's Carpenter Jean, Vintage Indigo, 40W x 34L at Amazon Men’s Clothing store ) in several different styles.

They are very, very comfortable and seem to wear very well.
I've just bought a pair of these, at first they chafed by waist quiet badly as the waist seam is like 80 grit sandpaper. After one wash and tucking my tee shirt in they are fine now.

Here go s i buy my jeans from Peacocks 365 straight leg £18 a pair and it dont matter how old you are its if you feel comfortable in what you wear todays jeans are not a patch on 60s 70s jeans Lee Rider, Lee Cooper, Wrangler im 70 and still wear triple denim and proud of it dont need an "influencer" telling me what to wear.I am me

Try Premier Man for Jeans, slim or baggy, especially in 20% off sale (frequent). I like Supplier for Industry's Uneek brand pro work trousers, very heavy polycotton with pockets pouches pad holders etc. All very cheap, and big sizes for the portly aged...

I switched to Ralph Lauren many years ago and they are really comfortable and last well!

eBay from the US is usually the cheapest way. You can get normal sizes in the UK, the big and tall range are exclusive to High and Mighty. Not paying them £200 a pair in the UK when I can get 2 pairs from US delivered for about £140.

I bought 2 pairs of 501s that were real brand new vintage. IE They were made in the 90s and were found in an old warehouse in Spain. They are absolute quality. Don't know how to link but Google John Simons clothing. It is the coolest clothing shop in the UK by far.

is it just me that thinks that the home page of a jeans manufacturer should feature someone wearing them rather than a girl in SHORTS !!!!

PS my last pair of jeans came from Tesco at least six years ago

I hate to bring this thread down a notch, but I am currently wearing a pair of heavy denim workwear jeans with a hammer loop and various tool pockets etc, and a part-elasticated waist band for comfort when bending over etc. Best workwear jeans i have personally ever worn. My first pair lasted a year of daily wear before I cut a hole in them accidentally, otherwise they'd still be going strong. I had bought two pairs, so am still wearing the same brand.
Where from? Lidl. £9.99
I also have a pair of lidl work jeans but the luxury warm lined ones ! absolutely brilliant in the winter

Latest posts

Back