Lets talk about Jeans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what do you wear Spectric mole skin trousers
Definately not, not good wearing parts of an animal being vegetarian. I have done a lot of hill walking and when you see someone with wet jeans in bad conditions you do feel sorry for them. I wear cotton which dry out fast and don't become abrasive, nothing worse than wet jeans and wet feet.

Definately not, not good wearing parts of an animal being vegetarian. I have done a lot of hill walking and when you see someone with wet jeans in bad conditions you do feel sorry for them. I wear cotton which dry out fast and don't become abrasive, nothing worse than wet jeans and wet feet.
Taint real animal skin

In 67/68, I favoured Lee Riders over Levis. I was torn over buying a new pair, or getting a ticket to see Hendrix at Sheffield City Hall.
Hendrix won.
From memory, less than £2....

I was born/bred in Southend. Falmers had a factory near the town and a factory seconds outlet near the palace theatre called Leo's.
All the cool kids wore Leo's, it showed you knew what they were and had travelled to buy a pair. It was also quite fun finding the pairs wih different length legs or strange colour patches etc.

Depends how much you want to spend but there's a brand who makes their jeans in Wales using traditional Japanese selvedge denim that will feel like you are wearing concrete pipes for the first 3 weeks as you described. I can't vouch for them personally because they are way out of my price range but I've heard plenty good things about them. (I work in the fashion industry and can vouch for quality going down)

They are called Hiut Denim Co and all their jeans are hand made in Wales.
I want to say thanks for this. I never knew about Hiut and their website has been fascinating to read. Their jeans look positively ugly to me but my daughter tells me the style is very fashionable among a certain younger demographic.
The "user guide" published on the website is a good read. Nothing to do with the jeans, it's a manifesto of values and aspirations of the company's owners who have clearly been "burnt" in their previous business lives and this comes through strongly in their many statements about what they will and WON'T do at Hiut. This was a great referral but for very different reasons than the one intended. We had an excellent half hour dissecting it :)

Back