let down by axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
what can I say, I have previously ordered 100s of pounds worth of stuff thru axminster (either directly by myself or by refering friends and family to them).

I placed an order first thing monday morning, got the confirmation email, then nothing.....................

phoned today to be told that for "some reason" the picking sheet hadd`nt been passed to the warehouse, so it will be dispatched today.

NO GOOD BECAUSE I ORDERED IT MONDAY BECAUSE I NEED IT FOR THE WEEKEND :? :cry:

what can I say....... disappointed...... let down

p****d off

steve

Steve,

I've found that Axminster try to be as accomadating as possible. Try this -get on the phone, ask to speak to a supervisor/manager sort of person, explain that they have made the mistake and admitted it to you, start whinging on about all the ££s you've given them, and that you really want to continue business with them and finally that it's your great grandmother's birthday on Monday etc, etc, you get the picture. Just be nice but firm with them and they should despatch overnight or for Saturday morn.
Fingers crossed.

Noel

PS you could also ask to speak to Katrina Styles, as a last resort.

strange I see no notice on the axminster web-site along the lines of

"we just had a show so might be feeling a bit lazy/tired or might be really busy, thus we will email you but ignore your order for 3 days"

I know I should have just gone to faversham and got the stuff in person.

If it doesn`t come by tomorrow afternoon I`ll cancel the order and drive to the axminster shop to buy it in person.

i hate mail order.

steve

kityuser":139swmg1 said:
If it doesn`t come by tomorrow afternoon I`ll cancel the order and drive to the axminster shop to buy it in person.

i hate mail order.

steve

At which point it will be on it's way, and therefore be "uncancellable" and if murphys about, it'll arrive on Saturday morning, just after you leave for faversham. :?

Adam

not "uncancellable" you forgot the golden rule :

ALWAYS ORDER ON A CREDIT CARD 8)

kityuser":1f2z1sf5 said:
not "uncancellable" you forgot the golden rule :

ALWAYS ORDER ON A CREDIT CARD 8)

What I mean is, if it's despatched, it will have been charged to your card, and even if you go and buy in person, you'll have the hassle of sending the unwanted package that arrives back.

Adam

Steve,

Bad timing to place an order, methinks they are probably maxed out in the warehouse this week. I got my order in last Thursday morning before the show orders got rolling. Took 'bout 20hrs door to door.

its being sent to my work address (20 miles away) so its hassle any way you look at it.

it won`t be any hassle on my part, they can get the courier to come and collect it again.

anyhow it may yet come tomorrow.........................

very poor service, but these days i expect no more.....

steve

I have found Axminster to be generally good - but I am amazed by Screwfix at the moment - ordered some bits last night, about 7:00 pm for delivery on Friday but they turned about an hour ago by parcel force!! They seem to be getting their act together.

very poor service, but these days i expect no more.....

Steve.. while I can relate to being annoyed when a supplier lets you down, I know from experience that this is the exception rather than the rule for Axminster..
Case in point.. order placed online around midnight Tuesday, arrived 9:30 this morning, and they're not exactly local. There's still time before the weekend; they'll get to you on time...

I too have had excellent service from axminster up until now.

it only takes one bad apple though...............................

lets just say that the joke is starting to wear off where EVERYTHING i buy turns out to be a battle with the retailer.

I have been waiting 17 weeks now for my doors from homebase :x :x

this is just the icing on the cake.

I live in hope, theres always tomorrow

steve

I love Axminster, they delivered a Sliding mitre saw too me incorrectly six weeks ago, they then sent me the right product straight away but failed to collect the saw, despite 3 phone calls it's still sitting in my garage....heres hoping the have forgotton about it :)

barry> tell me about it :(

anyhow

**** UPDATE ****

I have just received the order *good old axminster* 8)

as i said before, this is the first time I have had a problem with them.
I just got a bit narked at getting the confirmation email, then getting ignored.

steve

Back