Leigh Super 12 Dovetail Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobscarle

Established Member
Reaction score
I normally cut dovetails by hand, not particularly well and certainly not very quickly. I have been asked to make some bedroom furniture, an ottoman, 2 bedside cabinets and a chest of drawers.

The ottoman will have dovetailed corners which I am doing now by hand. It looks like I will need to make about 12 drawers in total for the other three pieces all of which will be rebated at the front and through at the back. 12 drawers x 4 corners = Lots of dovetails.

I have been looking at the Leigh jig and am considering buying one to speed up the process. Hence this post. I have a couple of questions, how does the Super Series (12, 18 and 24) compare to the far more expensive D4R jig? And the other question, will the Super Jig allow me to cut rebated dovetails?

Thanks

Bob

Bob, the super jigs have one piece fingers (adjustable) and the D4R jigs have the split fingers (hence the price difference). To be honest unless your making some seriously intricate dovetails the super jigs are just fine.

I have made some rebated dovetails, although you have to work this out yourself as the instructions (excellent by the way) don't give any info on this.

Back