Leigh Results

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just noticed that I havn't posted this yet so here it is;

dove1.jpg

dove2.jpg

This box was the result of my second 'play' with the jig and as you can see the results are really good - The dovetails look great and most importantly the box is square ..... Full review coming soon so watch this space :wink:

UPDATE: Updated image urls

Congratulations Charley!

Your box looks pretty good to me. I can't wait for the review coz I'd love to know how easy the jig is to set up, how "silly person-proof" it is, and if it's worth the £350ish price tag. You have to make a lot of dovetails to get value for money!

Yours

Gill

Hi Gill,

The review shouldn't be too long although right now I'm spending my spare time designing a new website but It's nearly finished now so I should get some time next week to write it.

The jig is really easy to set up and doesn't take long at all. As I said that box was only my second go with the jig and only took about 7 mins to make. Is it silly person-proof? Well I've managed to use it ok :?

The price tag is a bit high at £300 if woodworking is only your hobby but it all depends on how much you think you'll use it. My view about it is how many projects I could of used dovetails in the past but didn't have the time/energy/skill to do them by hand and how many future projects that will benefit from using dovetails.

Back