Leigh grumble

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I think probably 20, using a 'Rat. But it might be inadmissable as I think it was in the morning... Not a huge number, just simply the most I've ever cut on any project. I seem to successfully avoid mortise and tenons a lot of the time; prefer sliding dovetails were I can. Best not ask how many of those you can cut with the FMT in an afternoon though, eh? :wink:

Adam, 40 in an afternoon by hand? I'm impressed. You'll have to start giving me advice. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Increase to Smug Factor one-five-zero, Mr Sulu... :D

Hi all

asleitch":248e7wbz said:
OK, ok, I cut 40 in an afternoon by hand, yep, mallet, chisel and a black and decker workmate. Adam

Following on from his recent "Poster of the Month" award, things just keep getting better for Adam as he displays with his ability to hand cut M&T's.

Congratulations Adam for a magnificient effort. :D 8)

Surely, nobody can beat this herculean effort with hand tools?

Cheers
Neil

Hi all

I thought i would just summarise the contest after deciding that it should be broken down into different groups.

The question is - What is the most M&T's you have cut successfully in an afternoon?

Hand Tool Section
Adam - 40 - mallet, chisel and a black and decker workmate

Power Tools
Aragorn - 192 - Leigh FMT. (96 dual M&T's)

For the ratters, who like to do everything differently, the question is: -
What is the most M&T's you have cut successfully in a morning?

WoodRat
Alf - 20

Tablesaw and Morticer
Adam - 50

Cheers
Neil

Surely speed is only important if you make a living woodworking. I would think ease of set up and accuracy to be more important to us amateurs.I don't know which machine is the best but speed would be a low consideration to me, satisfaction a high one.

jaymar":npeu8g1g said:
Surely speed is only important if you make a living woodworking. I would think ease of set up and accuracy to be more important to us amateurs.I don't know which machine is the best but speed would be a low consideration to me, satisfaction a high one.

True, true. But how about satisfaction in bucket loads, accuracy to micro fractions and speed :?: :wink:
Leigh does it all!

Oh, and the 'rat apparently.

Oh, and Adam with a mallet and chisel.
And Alf with a plane...

(What an achievement by the way Adam. Well done.) :D

Aragorn":362z85lm said:
(What an achievement by the way Adam. Well done.) :D

Never again, I only did it like that as I didn't have any other way to do it. The 'rat replaces all that now. Much faster. Besides it's pine - I think I forgot to mention that :oops: .

Adam

Hi Jaymar

jaymar":9m8va923 said:
Surely speed is only important if you make a living woodworking.

No, no, no. The most important thing is to show, yet again, that Leigh have the best M&T and Dovetail jigs in the world. :wink:

:D :D :D

Cheers
Neil

Back