Leigh Dovetail Jig with Triton router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard49

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm contemplating purchasing the Leigh RTJ400 Router Table Dovetail Jig to use on my Triton TWX7 Router Table Module.

Triton doesn't (as far as I can tell anyway) have an adapter insert (the circular orange plastic insert for the table) to fit the Leigh Guide Bushings as shown at the bottom of the link above.

Maybe you know where I might get a suitable circular adapter insert for the Triton so I can use the Leigh RTJ400 Jig?

I really like the idea of being able to use my Triton router table and the way the Leigh Jig works.

Any advice would be very welcome.

This is an odd setup, I have looked further at the instructions and they do seem to adapt it to the plate. disregard my suggestions, I would contact Leigh.

Thanks Marcros; I have contacted Leigh and they don't make a suitable adapter, I'm waiting to hear back from Triton.

If they can't help then I'll have to turn one up on a lathe.

Hi, I bought the Leigh dovetail set up 5.? years ago. I found it to be completely infuriating. Possibly my fault in that when I designed the cabinet I made the drawers in four different sizes (height wise). So each time I had to set it all up again and test cut and test cut as it’s fiendishly difficult to set up. And of course you have to reset it up again if the back of the drawer isn’t as high as the front of the drawer, which it isn’t most of the time. I put it back in its box at the end of that job and I’ve never used it since. It may be ok if you are doing lots and lots of the same set of dovetails but I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for anything else. I was a little disappointed too that I couldn’t do dovetails with my really thin pins either.
It’s also expensive! Ian S

Thank you Ian, I am also concerned about the price and wether I'd get my moneys worth out of it seeing as it's something I'd (probably) only use now and then.

I might just go for the Trend dovetail cutting jig as it's not too expensive.

Richard

Back