Legal Victory Against Spammers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
A man has forced spammers to settle out of court according to this BBC story. If we could only trace the originators of this cyber pollution, we'd be able to make a pretty penny.

Gill

Hi Gill,
Thanks for posting that, at last someone has done the right thing. I recently had to change my ISP because the old one was doing nothing to stop the huge amount of spam I was getting :evil: . I also noticed that the spam messages were often the same but the senders name was slightly changed each time. This made me suspicious of loading these 'anti-spam' software progs. 'cos I figure that they can only work by recognising the sender, if that changes subtly each time then they can't work, or can they :?:

Some of the anti spam progs scan the contents to see if they are simular to others you have set as spam.

Bean

Try googling for Qurb.

This is an anti spamming bit of software that works in reverse ! You permit receipt of emails from pre-approved senders and anything else is automatically isolated.

You can review the mails that have been isolated and either delete them or approve some for the future if appropriate, or just delete all the isolated ones without reviewing.

Because it works this way round it doesn't matter that senders vary their name slightly or try to disguise content, so works pretty well, although it's better if the ISP is on top of things as well.

Latest posts

Back