Legacy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
First id like to say hello to the forum as im new here .
I just wondered if any one has a Legacy Ornimental Mill and how they found the Linier moulding table compared to a router table .
Ive found the Legacy a very handy tool and was thinking of investing more money into it . Any thoughts ?

Ok so no one has a Legacy but someone could just say hello :lol:

JFC
Don't know where everyone is but Hello, anyway!
I don't have a Legacy mill so I can't help you at all.
Welcome to the forum, though.

SF

Jason , Looking at your pics i think youd like the legacy .
Ive got one \:D/
Your welcome to have a play if you like ...... Bring your own timber ! :lol:

I think Newbie Neil had looked over the Legacy in the past. Its one of those tools I can imagine I have a one-in-five-years needs for. However I can't justify the cost or space, especially as I already have a 'rat!!!

Adam

Hi Adam

Adam":30opd06l said:
I think Newbie Neil had looked over the Legacy in the past.

Yes, you're right. Well remembered.

Adam":30opd06l said:
Its one of those tools I can imagine I have a one-in-five-years needs for. However I can't justify the cost or space, especially as I already have a 'rat!!

Right again about the one-in-five, but not on the 'rat count. The competitor to the legacy is really a lathe.

It looked very good, but seemed expensive.

Cheers
Neil

I agree , well ive had it a year and its not earnt me a penny yet so i spose thats 1 in 1 so far . Although i have put it throu its paces and found it makes fluting ie for radiator covers and fire surrounds very easy , It also makes circle cutting very easy to do , i made a few architraves up for some bullseye windows and the Legacy made this very easy .
Ive not come across the Rat yet so cant comment but i can say the Legacy isnt just for turning .

Would you say the Legacy can do the job of the rat and lathe ?

Quirky ? I know it can do the job of a lathe so whats quirky about this rat thing then ?

Thanks mike , so are you going to tell me about this rat ? I do like a tool and it seems you lot have a tool i dont have :evil: so whats it do this rat ? how much is it with all the extras ( im sure there will be extras ) How big is it ? Where do i get one !!!!!!! :lol:

JFC,

Set aside an hour or two, get a cup of tea or other beverage of choice and type "Woodrat" into the search facility on this forum. *Warning* Enter at your own risk. If that doesn't numb your brain into submission, we can then point you to another forum that doesn't have a search engine and get you to search that one manually. By the end of that you'll be begging for the men in white coats and a double dose of dried frog pills - guaranteed. :D

Cheers, Alf

Who's been down memory lane amongst the UK Woodworking archives in the last few days, and is slightly more unhinged than usual at the moment. Long term inmates of this assylum will know what I mean. :roll:

Ive looked at the wood rat demo and to be honest it looks like a router guide screwed to a wall . The clamp and guide has this . Can no one tell me why this RAT is worth investing in ? I saw and bought the Legacy because it was a ............. ive gotta have that tool !
The rat didnt have that inpact on me .
I am interested in the rat but i think i can do what ever it can do plus what a Lathe can do on the Legacy .
Anyone care to bring a RAT to my workshop and let me give it a real going over in return for a real going over of the Legacy ?
I think i could show you what the Legacy can really do :lol:

JFC":3hpqvlf6 said:
Thanks mike , so are you going to tell me about this rat ? I do like a tool and it seems you lot have a tool i dont have :evil: so whats it do this rat ? how much is it with all the extras ( im sure there will be extras ) How big is it ? Where do i get one !!!!!!! :lol:
Hi JFC,

Don't really know what's left to tell--sorry I didn't get to reply sooner.

I see Alf's pointed you to search the forum, there's a lot of information here, as well as on several different web sites where reviews have been performed.

It's obviously more than just a clamp and guide, at least if I'm thinking about the same thing. M&Ts, DTs, sliding DTs, lap joints, indeed, many joinery options can be done. Including angled variations of these. Profiling, though I would use my shaper for coped joints.

As for cost--check with a dealer. I'm certain my cost in the USA is different. The basic machine works fine. A few jigs to make certain operations work easier/safer can be user made. There's a few 3rd-party add-ons that are nice.

Take care,
Mike

Ive just put a few pics of the Legacy on my website if anyone doesnt know what it is . Sorry about the bad quality of the site ive only just set it up and it needs playing with :oops:
I was going to post one here but i dont know how too :oops: [/code][/list][/url]

Latest posts

Back