Legacy Ornamental Mill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I was speaking to the guy at Woodworkers Workshop last week and he said that their number one product was the Legacy Ornamental Mill.

He sent me the dvd of the product and it is just amazing. It will allow you to do everything (?) that a lathe can do, but with a router. The router sits on top of the bed, much like the 'rat. In fact, my first thought was that it was a 'rat on steroids. They describe it as somewhere between a lathe and a cnc machine.

The link is here http://www.woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/legacy.htm

http://www.legacywoodworking.com/gallery.cfm

So does anybody have one and are they as good as they look?

Cheers
Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the posting. Interesting - I will get the CD and have a look. Looks to me as though it could be very useful and a big time saver for somebody doing commercial turning.

I think, though, that for me it would remove the therapeutic effect of ensconcing myself in my 'shop with a piece of wood spinning on the lathe and a few chisels and gouges to hand. Might I be at the top of a greasy slope here? :shock:

Cheers,

Trev.

Hi Trev

To me, it appeared to give you tremendous control over the router. The demo uses a PC 3hp beast of a router with a quick change facility.

Yes, I understand what you are saying about losing the therapeutic effect of working with the lathe.

Cheers
Neil

That's a bit worrying; I see no price... Is it one of those "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" things? :?

Cheers, Alf

Alf":22y7zfw9 said:
That's a bit worrying; I see no price... Is it one of those "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" things? :?

Alf,
take a look here for the US pricing, its right at the bottom of the page. The model numbers don't match but it will give you the ball park :shock:

Dave,

Ta, I hadn't looked at the US site. Hmm. So I suppose we do the usual of substituting the $ sign witha £ to get the UK price. Yep, I knew if I had to ask... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back