Legacy ornamental mill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Does anyone out there have and use a Legacy Ornamental lathe/Mill ??
I have a couple ( A Woodchuck and a Revo ) and would like to chat with others about the uses they put theirs too
I find them quite interesting
Timber

I can't help noticing that you've asked this before and got no response. There used to be some talk about them on here, years ago. I think maybe some of the owners of them no longer post on this forum. There was a sort of split about ten years ago when someone got upset about something and started a forum of his own and some ukw members "defected". This thread, for example, might identify some legacy users - you could check their profiles to see if they are still active, or follow them to the other place.

the-legacy-forum-t13356.html

But a quick glance at the low volume of posts over there suggests you might just find the same silence.

AndyT":2p796d2w said:
I can't help noticing that you've asked this before and got no response. There used to be some talk about them on here, years ago. I think maybe some of the owners of them no longer post on this forum. There was a sort of split about ten years ago when someone got upset about something and started a forum of his own and some ukw members "defected". This thread, for example, might identify some legacy users - you could check their profiles to see if they are still active, or follow them to the other place.

the-legacy-forum-t13356.html

But a quick glance at the low volume of posts over there suggests you might just find the same silence.
Hi Andy
Yes I am sure you are right, I am flogging a dead horse. I know a lot of Legacy's were sold. It looks as if they did not try to use them much. I can understand if their models did not come with drive motors instead of the crank handle system.
They are much more fun to use if two motors are fitted. I have 3 PH. on mine running through inverters. so able to control speeds. I,, like most of the users in the U.S. have made changes to the lathes and am still making them as the need arises
Unfortunately the U.S. power supply is different to ours so difficult to chat about elect. power on the Legacy forum.
I have written to other past owners of LOM's in the uk. and have had very little response Looks like mistakes were made when they bought them!!!????.
Regards
Timber

Back