left handed tape measure

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LESNPAM

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
does anyone kow where i can get a left handed tape measure from
axminster no longer lists them
regards
les

hi im left handed never knew you could get left handed tapes :? , never had a problem with the normal ones tbh.

I'm after a left handed screw driver and a glass hammer too if anyone knows where to get them from? :shock: :? :shock:

hi
its not a joke if your right handed and hold the tape in left hand pencil in right hand the numbers on the tape are upside down
regards
les

I had a google around and couldn't find much, even on the left handed websites.

joiner_sim":22w6fwny said:
I'm after a left handed screw driver and a glass hammer too if anyone knows where to get them from? :shock: :? :shock:

They're next to the skyhooks and striped paint.

LENPAM- I've had the tape shown in the first link for about three years now. Absolutely first class. And, I'm a rightie!

The point is, which hand do you hold your tape in? it's not about "right/left?" it's about, "which way up is the scale, depending on which hand you use".

Cheers, Sam

There was a guy who used to advertise in the back of GW mag. I bought one a few years ago. He calls it "the right one" as he thinks all current tape measures are more suited for left handed people. Try tyring "the right one" into Google and see if you can find it. If not. post again and I'll have a dig.

87A_z.jpg

http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/ac ... asure.html

Peter Helmsley at the Toolpost.co.uk certainly used to sell them, that's where I got mine from.

It's a very useful piece of kit, even if you are right-handed. It saves getting 68 and 89 mixed up, for example.

It boils down to the difference in using the tape when measuring and when marking. When measuring the length of something it is natural to hold the tape in one's dominant hand, but when marking it is natural to hold the pencil in one's dominant hand.

Cheers
Steve

Thats the one I have wizer. I use both all the time. It can be a real bonus when using the sliding table in the table saw.

HI
thanks to all for replies will be purchasing one very soon
regards
les

My right handed tape has been left a few times . Bloody nuisance when that happens .

Yardley's local shop is still looking for my long weight (5 years later!) i'm getting a little annoyed now!

That sash window needs one! :roll:

Going personally ambidextrous would be easiest. But on the other hand (ha!) if you want an ambi tape measure, the cheapest option would be to use a Sharpie marker and put on left-handed numbers. Beware though, I have copyrighted this idea and get a royalty for every number you apply. Any form of legal currency will be fine...

I suppose the problem only arises when you want to measure something that's in between zero and the length of the tape!

:D

Back