Lee Valley & Veritas and Brimarc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Rob,

Now that you are a fully paid up, card carrying member of UKWorkshop etc....., may I pose a few questions regarding your relationship with Brimarc?
Can I assume that Brimarc decide what Lee Valley & Veritas items to carry? Other than electrical goods (CE marking etc) does the European market and in particular the UK impose any restrictions or difficulties in marketing/selling handtools and other WW items?
Looking through your catalogues and your website I'm sure WWorkers would rather have their local Brimarc stockist supply a wider range of LV goods, not that ordering direct from Canada is any big hassle, but I'm sure some people would not be as keen to so as others.

Rgds

Noel

Hi Noel -

You can ask away - I may be slow to reply though, as there's still a bit of a time difference....

There are some parts of the Veritas Line that are not available to other distributors/retailers... either because the product is new, and we can't yet supply export markets (as was the case with the planes), or because there just isn't enough margin in the product for a reseller.

We're loathe to inflate the price of a product just to have room for distribution. When we design a product - we always focus on a price/performance point that best suits the end user in our domestic market. Sometimes we have room to distribute, sometimes we don't.

Part of the choice may also rest with the distributor - as not every distributor will stock all of the product available. Again - available margin most likely plays a part here too - as many of you know, thanks to the internet, the world's a much smaller place - and it's hard to support a price structure that's too out of whack...

Cheers -

Rob

Latest posts

Back