Lee Valley low angle knobs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ydb1md

Established Member
Reaction score
Does the low (mushroom) knob from the LA jack plane fit the LA smoother ?

Thanks for the information Rob!

Can you let the folks in customer service (I spoke with Caroline Brisson)know that the knobs are indeed interchangeable? I emailed them to ask the same question and they replied back that the knobs weren't interchangeable.

I asked because after using my LA smoother for a week and a half now, the only thing that I don't like about it is that the knob leaves my palm sore when I'm really bearing down on the wood. The "nuclear mushroom" on the LA jack looks like it would be more comfortable with extended use.

When I order my LA jack, I'm definitely going to order an extra knob. :) My only dilemna is whether or not the wife will notice the large shoulder plane being delivered along with the jack. :roll:

ydb1md":6gyqwuwm said:
(snip)

My only dilemna is whether or not the wife will notice the large shoulder plane being delivered along with the jack. :roll:

Maybe we can re-label it as "Mandatory fence" ... or "this plane consists of two co-dependent parts..." :lol:

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":hxfvkx5g said:
ydb1md":hxfvkx5g said:
(snip)

My only dilemna is whether or not the wife will notice the large shoulder plane being delivered along with the jack. :roll:

Maybe we can re-label it as "Mandatory fence" ... or "this plane consists of two co-dependent parts..." :lol:

Cheers -

Rob

Rob, what we need is labeling for customs! Perhaps something along the following lines?

"This tool only cost a dollar when new, it is now being returned after a warranty repair that was of course free"

Of course, you may have a problem with some of the words?? :lol:

waterhead37":2xt5o2vx said:
Rob, what we need is labeling for customs! Perhaps something along the following lines?

"This tool only cost a dollar when new, it is now being returned after a warranty repair that was of course free"

Men from Brimarc look away now!

mudman":2hiaij4d said:
waterhead37":2hiaij4d said:

Men from Brimarc look away now!

Can ya work a "whilst" in there somehow? :-k Anyone? Alf? :roll:

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":2p77qy3a said:
Can ya work a "whilst" in there somehow? :-k Anyone? Alf? :roll:
Humph. Don't look at me. [-( Of the 562 posts on this forum containing "whilst", only five were written by me*, and two of those were quoting somebody else's "whilst" anyway. So there. :p

Whoops, is that my anorak showing...? :oops: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

*Okay, six now

Whilst I would not mind Rob re-labelling packages, it behoves us to point out that the suggested course of action could be misconstrued by those of a legalistic turn of mind... :wink: :wink:

Latest posts

Back