LED Lighting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnf

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to use LED self adhesive tape lights below and above my wall units does any one have any input on this like the best colour either cool white or warm white and are the lighting levels achieved ok

I usually use the warm lights but its down to personal taste as to which one to use. The light is quite good from the strips and is evenly distributed. I usually put them in a diffuser routed into the bottom of the wall unit as seen in the pic which is available from hafele.

boak-02800x598.jpg

Cheers

Jon

I understand the light on the bottom of the units but why on the top of the wall units ??

Can I suggest that if you have a pelmet then put the lights close to the pelmet rather than the rear of the unit

Roger

Roger there will be a cornice on the top with lighting behind also a pelmit to the bottom I was just interested in how much light you get from the strips
Thanks for the pic Jonny

Hi,

I have a some in a shelfing unit and they are very bright. I got a 5 meter strip from Ebay one seller has a good selection of colours that you can see buy selecting them.

Pete

johnf":2y8jdv2o said:
Roger there will be a cornice on the top with lighting behind also a pelmit to the bottom I was just interested in how much light you get from the strips
Thanks for the pic Jonny

They can be very bright almost a harsh bright if that makes sense :?
I think that with a strip at the top as wel it will be to bright for you but the best way to know for sure is go to your nearest electrical outlet that the trade use and ask to see of them in use

Cool white can be very cold, cheaper units can have a definite blue cast to them. Also be aware that if you're going to add other units with lighting you really want to use the same manufacturer (don't rely on the description 'cool white' etc - go for the colour temperature ie 5600K).

Back