LeBlond 10" Regal Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valhalla

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone tell me whether this lathe is a quality lathe (it appears to be based on some preliminary research). It has been well used and it's from around the '40s and was made in the U.S.A. Are spares readily available in this country and are they expensive? It's in need of a refurb and is fully functional.

What would be the rough value once restored?

Cheers

Heres a link to them on tony griffiths site,LeBlond Regal Lathes, Good lathes in their day. I doubt very much if you will find any spares, Old design so not worth a lot, big old lathes have a limited appeal as they are too big for many people.
If it needs a refurb what do you mean? If the bed is worn out its scrap value, to regrind & rebuild it will cost ten times what its worth. On the other hand a splash over with hammerite does not consitute a rebuild!
Pictures would be good.

Heres a link to them on tony griffiths site,LeBlond Regal Lathes, Good lathes in their day. I doubt very much if you will find any spares, Old design so not worth a lot, big old lathes have a limited appeal as they are too big for many people.
If it needs a refurb what do you mean? If the bed is worn out its scrap value, to regrind & rebuild it will cost ten times what its worth. On the other hand a splash over with hammerite does not consitute a rebuild!
Pictures would be good.
I decided not to buy it in the end - too much work, not very well looked after, hard to find spares (if any exist) and I'm in the process of moving house

Le Blond is a quality lathe. It's up there with the best.
For someone who is prepared to put in the effort - they may have a quality lathe for life.

Back