Leaving Tools Behind!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got sent a link to a KLM video which claimed that they now had a dog at Schipol that was used to trace the owners of items left on planes that had landed there. Looked too good to be true (didn't check the date - could have been April 1) but maybe owners of dogs and tools could adopt the idea?

graduate_owner":3n53yr7r said:
I read an article about lending tools once. It suggested not to, but if you do lend things then write it down on a piece of paper and pin the paper near the window in your workshop. When the tool is returned, remove the paper, but if there is still paper there after it has turned light brown due to sunlight then it's time to get the stuff back.

What I really dislike is having to go and ask for tools to be returned, and then having to go out of my way to collect them.

K
And then clean, sharpen, replace bits etc. Now that does pee me off!

I had a so called friend that constantly borrowed tools and did not return them, the next time he came to ask, I said of course you can, gave him the tool and took his picture holding it with my phone, he said what's that for, "Just to remind me when you borrowed it, I will put a reminder on my phone to remember to ask for it back" he left in a huff left the tool behind and has not asked again, found another muppet I suppose.

Mike

Well, the lad came round today for his tools and the rest of his money and then left...He forgot to take his tools, so they're still here :lol:

DiscoStu":33rh3a6r said:
I'd be worried if I employed him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno perhaps he also forgets he needs paying at the end of the week too? :lol:

Adam9453":5mhs7g8l said:
Worst being the blooming button pressers. Nothing like hearing your planer thicknesser start up when you're not expecting it to, to make you jump!!

Or like the kid I had working for me (but not for long) who couldn't leave the winch on the Genie Lift alone and more than once nearly sliced my fingers off in the process.

Sort of related. I was doing the lighting for a stage show recently. I arrived at the theatre to find the previous company that had been in had completely repatched the wiring. I'd designed my rig around the theatre's stand rig and patching. It was a pain but I reported everything to match what was there. Took me a couple of hours but not the end of the world. After lunch I was busy with some moving lights when the guy doing sound came up to me and said that he'd noticed the lighting had been repatched from my rig diagram so he spent the last couple of hours repatching it. So I'd already solved my problem and he then created it all again for me as my plotting then no longer matched what was patched, so two hours later I was where I should have been at the start of the day. He was trying to be helpful but I just wish he'd have spoken to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did some work for a customer in France a few years ago.
Got all the way to the house, glanced out of an upstairs window and noticed an adjustable spanner and socket wrench sitting on the roof of the van. Had been tightening up the roof rack.
Oops Davin

I remember in the late 80's, I went on exercise to Norway, 240 miles inside the acrtic circle, on of the highlights wa to be deployed by a tactical air land operation which involved my detachment and one other driving out the back of a moving Hercules with our landrovers and trallers and then spilitting up and moving to our designated grid references. All went well until we heard on the net that the other det had got to their location , set about deploying their Ae only to find out the sprog Siggie had hooked up an empty trailer and left theirs back at Lyneham along with all their rations bergens and fuel. Oh how we laughed

Back