• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

leather strops and buffing compound

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil. Hi!
I've emailed you my details. I spend a day a week maintaining and restoring an ancient open trestle post mill at Nutley, East Suusex. I will, if that is OK with you, donate a tenner to them as it really only survives with visitor donations and grants. If anyone is local and wants to drop by on a Wednesday while we are working to see what the four of us get up to you're more than welcome. Over the last year or so we have replaced a floor joist (14' x 12" x 8"), replaced the end of a rotten crossfire (6'6" x 12" square) and and are currently remaking two sweeps.

Phil. Hi!
I've emailed you my details. I spend a day a week maintaining and restoring an ancient open trestle post mill at Nutley, East Suusex. I will, if that is OK with you, donate a tenner to them as it really only survives with visitor donations and grants. If anyone is local and wants to drop by on a Wednesday while we are working to see what the four of us get up to you're more than welcome. Over the last year or so we have replaced a floor joist (14' x 12" x 8"), replaced the end of a rotten crossfire (6'6" x 12" square) and and are currently remaking two sweeps.
Oops! looks like I was too late. Oh well.

Excellent. If you can't be bothered to work out how to message me my email is phil.pascoeatskydotcom. Send me your address.
Might be an idea to edit your post and remove email, otherwise, could expect some spammers. :)

Received this yesterday. Thanks a lot Phil. I donated to the blue family charity, which is run by Everton in the Community and provides food and support for people who've been socially isolated by Covid-19. I love what they do, and I've been a supporter of the charity for a while now.

Phil and Chris, "Thank You " both, especially Phil; my wee bundle arrived today and I am chuffed. There is enough there to prettify an old ML8 faceplate/ply 'wheel' and have enough on the side for a couple of shaped strops for hand working.
Ahhh......bisto!

Sam

Parcel arrived yesterday, I was scratching my head trying to remember what I had ordered, thought I’d pulled the trigger on something after a couple of beers 😂

Many thanks both.

Good stuff. I had a leather one on a wooden disc on a faceplate for years but lost it somewhere in a house move. They're very efficient. I've just ordered a spare backplate for my Versachuck in case I get the chance of another one in the future, and may well mount a wooden disc to that to stick some leather to and leave it on permanently.

Thanks to you both again and I’m pleased to say I am now a little closer to getting my sharpening setup 😊

Popped a donation through this morning for the charity MIND to help them continue with their work on supporting mental health issues, which is a subject close to my heart.

Richy.

Many thanks for my parcel, I have just returned home from a few days away and it was waiting for me. I am looking forward to making up a few strips on the weekend.
I have popped a donation to our local hospice on your behalf
James

My parcel has arrived now too, thank you so much to both of you. This really is a lovely community, helping each other out and also supporting a number of charities through kindness like this :)

All charities are facing increasing demands and decreasing income - we came through this unscathed (up to now, at least), many didn't, so although being far from wealthy we are far from poor compared to many and I don't mind giving a few quid here and there. It is excellent to see it multiplied, though, so thanks everyone.
I have a couple more if anyone wants them.

Yes please, Phil. Does it muck up your system If I ask for just the leather without the honing paste?
Emailed my address.

Back