• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

leather strops and buffing compound

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have stripped a leather settee and have a surplus of pieces of quite thin leather - one piece will be large enough to make a disc for a lathe. If you would like some if you are prepared to give a charity more than it costs me to post PM me (now comes under "conversations") your address. First come first served, I haven't portioned it up yet.

Last edited:
I have a bag of green metal polish compound cut into slices Phil. I've been meaning to do a ftagh. I bought it as a bargain 'joblot' I have more than enough. Can pass on the bargain so to speak. I'll have a look but I'm sure it's a general/medium grade. Be great with free leather strops. ;)
I have about (8-10 from memory) Full round , 'bout an 1" thick. Happy to post for free.
To be clear this is polishing compound not honing powder milked from virgins breasts. So we are all clear.

I have a bag of green metal polish compound cut into slices Phil. I've been meaning to do a ftagh. I bought it as a bargain 'joblot' I have more than enough. Can pass on the bargain so to speak. I'll have a look but I'm sure it's a general/medium grade. Be great with free leather strops. ;)
I have about (8-10 from memory) Full round , 'bout an 1" thick. Happy to post for free.
To be clear this is polishing compound not honing powder milked from virgins breasts. So we are all clear.
That would be good - get it to me and I'll send it out with the leather. That'll save you multiple P&Ps. I can probably do about 8 - 10 lots of leather.:)

Yes please Phil, is 2x your postage ok?
I got your PM. It's now a "conversation" ............. which curiously it tells you not to reply to. Which means it's not a "conversation" at all. It you want the buffing compound, I'll leave sending any out until I have it. I'm not bothered which charity any money goes to, although I tend to favour smaller ones - I object to subsidising CEO's lifestyles.

Phil. I'll PM you tomorrow afternoon to sort details... Sounds like a plan. Working all weekend so bit busy atm. But will write a note to remind me.

I've returned your message, I suspect to an unmonitored address. Give me an email, please. phil.pascoeatskydotcom

I cannot see any sense whatsoever in calling something a "converstation" then specifically telling you not to respond. Weird.
Emails are easier to keep track of anyway.

Back