Laying Veneer Flooring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulkane1

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about to lay new wooden floors in my two bedrooms,I already have wooden floors down,but,the wife wants a different veneered floor .The existing floors ,I put down many,many years ago,they were the glued version,not the click in version,they are a very solid layer floor,Is it possible ,could I lay directly on top of these floors,without having to lift up the old floors?with the usual underlay etc!

Yours Kindly Paul

Provided the existing floor is sound and reasonably level with no humps and hollows you can. I did my whole house a couple of years ago and my knees took weeks to recover. Go for the thicker product(12mm) as it just feels more solid to walk on. Old stuff I ripped up was only about 7mm and had a springy feel.
Regards
John

Though do bear in mind, doors will need planing, (bottom, not top! DAMHIK :oops: )
And put at least a thin underlay between layers, otherwise it'll be a very loud clacking sound if any undulations.

Back