Laura burying her goldfish.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":2tf8y7q8 said:
All cats should be killed, irrespective of the contents of their stomachs: they are vermin.

They kill over fifty million wild birds a year, and before anyone says it's for food, it's not.

Andy

that's a bit of a sweeping statement there Andy. My cat (to my knowledge) has never killed a bird. But at the same time brings a huge amount of pleasure and joy to my family.

I also think a huge percentage of the population would disagree with you Phil.

adidat

andersonec":1wvjrwv2 said:
phil.p":1wvjrwv2 said:
All cats should be killed, irrespective of the contents of their stomachs: they are vermin.

They kill over fifty million wild birds a year, and before anyone says it's for food, it's not.

Andy

So do the folks in Malta with all their sport shooting activities and as for the stupid statement made by phil p well it's not worth even replying to !

Steve

My first cat ate my hamster.
My last cat used to bring in garden birds, dead or nearly so. Wrens, robins, goldfinches, etc.
They are vermin. Should be trapped and disposed of. Could make nice gloves and winter wear?

adidat":jfee948y said:
pretty basic trolling Jacob, thought even you could do better.

adidat
Not trolling. True experiences and genuinely held opinion; I hate cats. Dogs at least are too slow and stupid to catch anything.
I notice I didn't get much sympathy for the hamster!

Jacob":1n6aorqc said:
adidat":1n6aorqc said:
pretty basic trolling Jacob, thought even you could do better.

adidat
Not trolling. True experiences and genuinely held opinion; I hate cats. Dogs at least are too slow and stupid to catch anything.
I notice I didn't get much sympathy for the hamster!

Dogs are not slow and their definitely not stupid.

My cats catch live rats for my dog to kill, both are very good at what they do, but I do object when the game is played out in the bedroom.

For any of ye who are interested. The cats (Kilkenny) are playing in the Leinster hurling final vs Galway today. If you want to watch a proper field sport... Watch this, throw in at 4.00 pm
UP THE CATS!!

Jacob":fkqlvbu0 said:

Any adult irresponsible enough to allow a situation to develop which allowed one's cat to eat one's hamster should be reported to the RSPCA and banned from keeping animals for life.

Roy

doorframe":1qm5jgec said:
Jacob":1qm5jgec said:

Any adult irresponsible enough to allow a situation to develop which allowed one's cat to eat one's hamster should be reported to the RSPCA and banned from keeping animals for life.

Roy
I was only eight. I was just trying to get them to make friends! I'd be quite happy to be banned for life anyway.

One of our neighbours probably thought the same of the cat we used to have.... every time it had a dump in one of her hanging baskets!

andersonec":tcn1unjr said:
phil.p":tcn1unjr said:

Andy

Usual nonsense being spouted here. The first quote........... all dogs should be shot on sight, I keep a loaded shotgun in the greenhouse just in case I see one on my land. They c.ap all over public spaces, they eat childrens's faces, they attack postmen, they chase my chickens and worst of all they bark all the time and keep the whole neighbourhood awake - total waste of time and stupid with it. (OK Jacob?)

Another fifty million birds huh. Firstly, I'm not sure how the figure is arrived at and is certainly unproven and secondly, another fifty million birds would start eating YOUR food which you wouldn't be too keen on. Thank the cats, if its anything to do with them, for helping to control the bird population. This year the birds ate all my cherries and berries but I wouldn't choose to call them vermin as they do have a redeeming feature or two.

Balance in all things please.

gus3049":es69q0xw said:
......... I keep a loaded shotgun in the greenhouse just in case I see one on my land. .........
Dangerous and stupid. Isn't it illegal anyway?

Jacob":10qsj298 said:
gus3049":10qsj298 said:
......... I keep a loaded shotgun in the greenhouse just in case I see one on my land. .........
Dangerous and stupid. Isn't it illegal anyway?

Not if one has a license and anyway, it appears that Jacob doesn't recognise irony when it appears - now who's stupid?

“Auschwitz begins wherever someone looks at a slaughterhouse and thinks: they’re only animals.”
― Theodor W. Adorno

“He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealins with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.”
― Immanuel Kant

Just saying.......

also would comment...another dose of "I want to force you to do as I do" by the whineing minority.....has anyone noticed how the excessive zeal of the anti movement (be it anti this or anti that) is allowed disproportionate say and influence one others life?

take the anti fox hunting brigade.....now it is a demographic fact that 70% + of those who voted were "townies" and yet who suffers the problems that were pointed out at the time.....of increased predation of poultry flocks..especially since the well bred townie now wants "free range chickens"..Its a simple sum...free range chickens + unculled old ancient decrepit foxes(you know...the ones the hunts mainly caught) = economic costs...

so 70% of the population who are directly unaffected, get a say on something that only affects the other 30%. It would have been interesting had the vote been restricted to "rural areas" only....though it has to be said that sadly large areas of once rural england is now infested by townies....

Back