• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Lathes, chucks, collets, taps and dies for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sploo

Somewhat extinguished member
Reaction score
This is a slightly unusual for sale post, but I've had the OK from Angie to put the details here.

I recently picked up a small machine from a chap who's unfortunately having to sell his recently deceased brother's tools. Apparently his brother was a bit of a collector, so had acquired a fair number of items that have never been used. He doesn't have much in the way of Internet access, so I offered to go through some of the other items and post them here. If you're interested then send me a PM and I can give you his contact details, and you can discuss pricing. I only know him as a result of the machine sale, but he seems genuine.

He's based about 15 miles north west of Preston, so this is probably more of interest to those in the Liverpool/Manchester/Blackburn/Lancaster region.

1. Clarke CL430 metalworking lathe with CL500M mill/drill. Apparently never used and still in its original crate

01.jpg

2. HBM K72-125 chuck. I think it's probably this (Model Engineering and engineering tools online from RDG Tools Ltd Home Page (Engineering Tools) Tel 01422 885069 /884605)

02.jpg

3. Veritas 2" Power tenon cutter. As far as I could make out it's never been used. There was (from memory) also a 5/8" (like this VERITAS TAPERED TENON CUTTER - 5/8), also unused

03.jpg

04.jpg

4. Numerous taps and dies

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

5. Collet chuck set. Appears to be a mix of metric and imperial, with an MT3 taper

08.jpg

10.jpg

6. Another collet chuck set. Imperial. MT2 taper, but with an additional sleeve (I assume MT2 to MT3, but I didn't check).

11.jpg

12.jpg

7. HBM 4x5" tilting table for milling machine. I believe it's essentially one of these (https://www.amazon.com/QUALITY-TILTING-MILLING-MACHINE-ENGINEERING-MACHINE/dp/B07D9LNFRX). Unused and still in the original bag

13.jpg
14.jpg

8. There are a number of oil stones and shaped stones. Two pictured here.

16.jpg

9. An EMCO unimat 3 miniature lathe, with extra chucks

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

There's plenty more that I didn't have time to go through, including numerous metal and wooden spokeshaves, plus what I think was a digital micrometer by Mitutoyo; which in hindsight I regret not looking at further!

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 22
I hope you can phone him and get in touch. How this goes is a learning experience for me.
If this is not resolved within 24 hours, I'll have to close it down and learn from it.

I hope you can phone him and get in touch. How this goes is a learning experience for me.
If this is not resolved within 24 hours, I'll have to close it down and learn from it.
Understood.

It's a bit frustrating that after spending the time to sort all this out I can't get any response from him! If I haven't heard back by the end of tomorrow then I've no problem with this thread being deleted.

I've heard back from the seller and have passed along basic details of the inquiries people have made so far. If he gives me the OK I'll PM people with his phone number for you to agree sales.

Back