Lathe wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Anyone got a model makers (metal working) lathe they want to get rid of?

I want one!

Looks like you've been seduced by the dark side!

I frequently see Myfords being advertised in local free-ad type papers. Is that the kind of thing you had in mind?
John

Hi John

Always been on the dark side :lol:

Engineering was my passion since early teens (mechanical and electronic)

Last lathe I owned was a Colchester student - 8' bed. Far too big for my garage!!

What I want is something to make guides and bushes for some jigs and mods I want to make and perhaps do some milling.

Something like this would make a nice xmas prezzie from mrs T:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.as ... 2043&g=106

Anyone want to sell me one (preferably before xmas?)

Tony":59r988lq said:
What I want is something to make guides and bushes for some jigs and mods I want to make and perhaps do some milling.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its Super Jig Man! :roll: :wink: :shock:

DOH!!

Can't believe I didn't show you all of my jigs yesterday Dave :lol:

Tony":o699hp6e said:
DOH!!

Can't believe I didn't show you all of my jigs yesterday Dave :lol:

Yep I got of quite lightly, but I have just ordered a couple of the cheap Japanese type saws from toolstation, so your influence has had some effect. :lol:

That's all we need. Not only more jigs, but not even ones we can make for ourselves 'cos we don't have the requisite lathe. Don't do it, Mrs Tony, for the love of god, don't do it!
ph34r.gif

God lord, it's that man again! I was wondering about you, old fruit. Obviously you're in the land of the living though, so I worry no more.
tounge.gif

I know what you mean; it does look a tad ninja-ish, but it's supposed to represent someone metaphorically hiding behind the sofa, I think. Perhaps if I could find a dalek smilie to go with it...?
ermmm.gif

Cheers, Alf

I think you're all very cruel to me and my lovely jigs - probably a jealousy thing :lol: :lol:

OK Tony....I'll bite..... whatchya plottin this time...????

why do I know I'm gonna regret this...?????? :roll: :)

Not too much Mike. Just want to make some bushes for my Incra router fence clone and mill a few pieves of ali for it.

Ohh, and the sliding table I'm making + the air cleaner.......

Hi Tony

Tony":3j35eikr said:
.... make some bushes for my Incra router fence clone and mill a few pieves of ali for it.

Shall I jump on my sword now? :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Ohhhhh..... I had the impression you were toyin with seriously fancy stuff....

no worries...

:p :wink:

ummmmm.... can someone keep an eye on Neil while he plays with that screw driver.... just in case...???

Midnight":48o4c9mu said:

Ohhhhh..... I had the impression you were toyin with seriously fancy stuff....

no worries...

:p :wink:

ummmmm.... can someone keep an eye on Neil while he plays with that screw driver.... just in case...???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back