Lathe hand wheel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardroom

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a delta lathe and I wish to get a hand wheel, but am having trouble sourcing one in the uk.

Any help would be great.

Not able to download picture of lathe at present. If I remember the model is something like 46- 255

Thanks in advance

Are you referring to the tailstock handwheel or are you trying to locate one for the rear of the main spindle (left hand of headstock).

CHJ":32nfs45k said:
Are you referring to the tailstock handwheel or are you trying to locate one for the rear of the main spindle (left hand of headstock).

I am referring to the headstock (left hand side)

Is the lathe of the same sort of pattern as this Axminster model?

If so I don't think I've ever seen a handwheel listed as an accessory. Think you would have to turn one up yourself and devise a suitable fixing.

image (Large).jpeg

That's much the same headstock arrangement as many others sold under various brand names. Don't remember any thread fittings on the version I had some years ago that would allow easy fix of a handwheel.

I think the end of your headstock spindle will look something like this.
DSC00586.jpg

Attachments

• image (Large).jpeg
    image (Large).jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 925
if that's a parallel sided hole in the outboard side of the headstock, you could turn an "inside out collet" (like a Fischer fastening) to fit into there, with the handwheel secured to it by the bolt used to expand the fastener. Could be done in wood, or you are into metalworking, then there's a relevant design in Sparey's "Amateur Lathe" book.

Latest posts

Back