Lathe for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltrout512

Established Member
Reaction score
I have decided to sell the wadkin bxl. 3 phase with control box to run from 240, two face plates (in board and out board. 2 rests, 4 prong. A new belt fitted about two weeks ago. Would like £350 but near offers will be considered. It is taking up space. Will have to collect.

031-2.jpg

025-2.jpg

033-3.jpg

....why can't you live in Preston, Blackpool or somewhere sensible like that? :)

Chris

Scrums":g82cqpt2 said:
....why can't you live in Preston, Blackpool or somewhere sensible like that? :)

Chris

Or Cornwall even. Though George would disagree I'm sure that would make a lovely VB substitute and already set up for 240v as well. I am sure that it is the same as the ones we had in school.

Pete

Chris might not be of any help but a price from Speedshift Ltd to you I just took a post code of PR5 as an example and it came out at £41.32 economy

agreed, even I'm tempted and he's close enough... :shock: No, No must resist. :lol:

On the Myford discussion group, there's been good reports of a guy called Landylift who, by the sound of it, is a machinist with a Landrover who seems to roam the country carrying machines!

is the speed variable? Does the outbard end turn the other way to the bed end - as in Graduates? What are the dimensions of the lather?

Many thanks

Miles

Miles, 3ft bed with 12" dia, out board turns other way and about 20" dia, yes it is vari speed.

Aidan this little saw is sitting behind the lathe.
DSCN1755.jpg

HI - I have the identical lathe (Wadkin Bursgreen BXL 68707). I wonder if you could help me with 2 questions? First I am having trouble getting a chuck for it. It seems to be 8 threads per inch - but the thread seems wrong. Any ideas? Also the tailstock doesn't lock in place proerly. I wonder if you know if that might be adjustable? I know you are selling yours, but I thought i'd ask if you could spare a few minutes with some information to help me out. If you aren't sure, thanks anyway.
Doug

Are you sure about the 8TPI

The information I have says that Wadkin Burgsreen is: 1 1/2" 6 BSW as did Union Graduate and Tanner

But as you are in Canada maybe it was supplied with alternate thread.

1 1/2"8 TPI NF was used on Conover brand lathes.

Back