• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Lathe Chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for all the help and advice everyone, I was like a fish out of water for a while.
Lidl have taken the lathe back and I am collecting the Axminster one tomorrow :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I started off looking at the Lidl lathe but after a bit of research I decided to get a used Axminster lathe, so glad I did 👍

I started off looking at the Lidl lathe but after a bit of research I decided to get a used Axminster lathe, so glad I did 👍

I have just returned from collecting the Axminster one, it is so much better than the Lidl one on so many levels.
The bloke also gave me 6 chisels (unbranded) that look solid enough all have H.S.S on the shanks, I got a 4 jaw chuck2 centre things (they are things until I get to know the lingo better) a face plate and some other bits and bobs. I also got a bag of bowl blanks for £25 (he was selling them for £50) all in all the seller was a really nice bloke and it is without doubt he gave me a great deal.
The seller said the lathe has had less than 5 hours use and after looking and listening to it run I believe him, some of the chisels look as though they have never been used let alone sharpened.

:D :D :D I am one happy bloke

Can someone tell me please how to locate and reference back to a post I made quite recently including a reference to a couple of books worth looking for as a starter.
Rob

Can someone tell me please how to locate and reference back to a post I made quite recently including a reference to a couple of books worth looking for as a starter.
Rob

Not sure if this is the right way but it is how I do it.

1) Click on your name (top right hand side)
2) Click on "my content" or "your content" I forget the wording.
That will bring up a list of all your previous posts to scroll through, if there is a search facility for own content I have not seen it.

Gary

Not sure if this is the right way but it is how I do it.

1) Click on your name (top right hand side)
2) Click on "my content" or "your content" I forget the wording.
That will bring up a list of all your previous posts to scroll through, if there is a search facility for own content I have not seen it.

Gary

On the top bar, "find threads", and then "your threads".

Sounds like an excellent deal, worth finding a copy of Keith Rowley's book 'woodturning, a foundation course' and/or Mike Darlow's 'fundamentals of woodturning' (if I got those right!)

Happy turning

Latest posts

Back