Lathe chuck identification help. Sale location?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornishgiant

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, as you may have seen from another thread I have posted in my father recently dies and had quite a bit of very good working stuff.

Anyway, he has a huge Apollo professional lathe which neither my mother or I have any use for. As we are down in Cornwall (which always makes collection more challenging!) can you please suggest where I'd be best to advertise it?

I'm trying to piece together what all of the bits for the lathe are and to try and find all of the chucks and what have you. Could you experienced wood turners tell me if the bits in the photographs below are actual lathe parts? If so, what on earth are they?!

lathe148.jpg

lathe145.jpg

lathe146.jpg

lathe147.jpg

Yes the large plates and the small pates with a dovetail fitting on the face are accessories for the chuck, as are the tapered buttons which are used with the large plates and associated fixing screws.
The two centres are also associated with the lathe.

Best to keep them with the chuck and the chuck with the lathe as they are obviously matched for threads and fittings

You have a Oneway Stronghold chuck and associated jaws.

Clean them up with some wirewool, take some decent (in-focus) pics and put them on ebay for the best return.

You've got seveRal sets of jaws there plus extras.
Clean them up as described and post some more pictures and then we can better advise you.
Remember they're only worth what someone will pay...
A (poorly described) Stronghold just went for ~£50 on eBay but they usually go for much more. I've sold a couple of jaw sets for over £20 each.
I might even be interested myself :)

Back