Lathe and tools wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blister, you are correct some of the clearance items are refurbished returns. Not all however, mine wasn't ... I specifically checked ... it is new with full guarantee.

It was a steal at that price. Even if it was returned and repaired, with a full guarantee I wouldn't care

Having attended a one day training program, I am now hooked on turning.
Can someone please point me in the right direction to acquiring the necessary tools and equipment.
I am looking for a good quality used lathe Preferably 1 hp or over and variable speed.
I have trailer and could collect from anywhere.
Happy to pay realistic sums for the right kit.
Ray

I have my late father's lathe & tools.
I'll have a look at what make/size the lathe is in the morning.
I'm in west Cumbria

Ray
There are a number of lathes for sale on the AWGB website ranging from £500 up to £2500. May be worth a look if you decide not to go for Blister's Coronet Herald.
Duncan

Blister, you are correct some of the clearance items are refurbished returns. Not all however, mine wasn't ... I specifically checked ... it is new with full guarantee.

Well done Rob - surprises me it was that low as that must be pretty much cost price at import - Ha I'd have bought ten then resold them at that price. It is a good lathe too. Nice one.

Well done Rob - surprises me it was that low as that must be pretty much cost price at import - Ha I'd have bought ten then resold them at that price. It is a good lathe too. Nice one.

Nick, I understand that Axminster will no longer be selling Jet lathes so they are just clearing their remaining stock, hence the good deal.

Nick, I understand that Axminster will no longer be selling Jet lathes so they are just clearing their remaining stock, hence the good deal.
Hi Rob, yes that is correct, just surprised it was so low £ - I launched/sold Jet as a wholesale brand with them from 2001 - 2017. Yup, you got a great deal. Fair play. Cheers

Back