Lathe and tools wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Cook

Reaction score
Having attended a one day training program, I am now hooked on turning.
Can someone please point me in the right direction to acquiring the necessary tools and equipment.
I am looking for a good quality used lathe Preferably 1 hp or over and variable speed.
I have trailer and could collect from anywhere.
Happy to pay realistic sums for the right kit.
Ray

No
You’re the first to respond.
What do you have
Regards
Ray

One of these

I have someone else intrested , Are you sure you want a big lathe ? as a starter lathe I would recoment a midi size , Not everyone ( Family and friends ) appreciate huge bowls , You can do small and medium work over the bed on this lathe and huge when you turn the head , All exsplaind in the video

Hi Duncan
Thanks for advice, however I am not allowed to post wanted ads, being a new member.
Ray

Hi Duncan
Certainly interested in the Record Power Coronet as shown in ad.
Has anyone else got one for sale ?
Ray

I have a Record Power DML 36 SH MK2 mounted on a 40mm thick worktop and I have all the tools etc. needed but I am in Fife, Scotland.

Attachments

• lathe_1.jpg
    lathe_1.jpg
    743.6 KB · Views: 25
  • lathe_2.jpg
    lathe_2.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 24
  • lathe_3.jpg
    lathe_3.jpg
    735.5 KB · Views: 25
  • lathe_4.jpg
    lathe_4.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 25
  • lathe_5.jpg
    lathe_5.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 24
The thing that may put you off is , I live in London
I have a Record Power DML 36 SH MK2 mounted on a 40mm thick worktop and I have all the tools etc. needed but I am in Fife, Scotland.
The thing that may put you off is , I live in London
HiDuncan
How much are you asking for the Coronet The variable speed control on this model appeals and i could travel to London
Ray

I dont think it is Duncan that has one, it is blister. details at the top of the page

I have the Coronet Herald lathe , £675 as said I have someone intrested who has said he can collect on the 27th
If it does not happen or he changes his mind I can let you know , I also have loads of tools

I have the Coronet Herald lathe , £675 as said I have someone intrested who has said he can collect on the 27th
If it does not happen or he changes his mind I can let you know , I also have loads of tools
Blister
Thanks for the info
I have also been pricing a new model and best bet is £999 including legs and bed extensions, and delivery.
Are your tools included in price?

Ray

Have a look in your nearest Axminster store, and you may pick up a bargain on a new lathe as they are doing some good clearance deals at the moment. I just picked up a new Jet 1221VS for £480 earlier today. Previously sold at £999, recently reduced to £715 to clear so £480 seemed a good deal.

My lathe has gone now but I still have many lathe tools made of the best British Sheffield Steel if you or anyone else is interested please contact me here in Norfolk.

Ray

Have a look in your nearest Axminster store, and you may pick up a bargain on a new lathe as they are doing some good clearance deals at the moment. I just picked up a new Jet 1221VS for £480 earlier today. Previously sold at £999, recently reduced to £715 to clear so £480 seemed a good deal.
Most of these lathes are customer returns that were faulty and repaired , Axminster have them listed most of the year on the bay

Blister, you are correct some of the clearance items are refurbished returns. Not all however, mine wasn't ... I specifically checked ... it is new with full guarantee.

Back