lathe advice.... again!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs. sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I haven't been on here for Yonks! :oops:
I have a friend who is just wanting to get started in wood-turning and has asked for some advice about which lathe would be best to start with , looking to spend around £400.
I have lost touch with the new models, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Just general things, bowls included, so not a mini lathe. He is very new to it so not wanting to spend a fortune in case he doesn't keep to it and hasn't a VAST workshop, so nothing too big.

HI Blister How's it going? Thanks for the suggestion, it looks a good one! But he had already pushed the boat out and has a CL4 on order .... so much for the budget! ... the slope is getting to him already! #-o

mrs. sliver":t833ghz6 said:
HI Blister How's it going? Thanks for the suggestion, it looks a good one! But he had already pushed the boat out and has a CL4 on order .... so much for the budget! ... the slope is getting to him already! #-o

Hi Mrs S its going fine :mrgreen:

I hope he has ordered the variable speed model CL4 :?:

He has indeed, al-right for some eh? :lol:

He came for a short visit, wanted a go on a lathe, fought our way through the rubbish to get to it, showed him how to make a couple of little boxes ... and he was hooked! ... I have not done much for ages. (five pieces in the last couple of years :roll: ) ...but now it has set me off again and I have spent the past week fixing the workshop back up and have a tarp coming this afternoon for the leaking roof. So I should be back in there next week. =D>

I advised him to join this site so he may turn up sometime... who can tell?
carry on spinning \:D/

Latest posts

Back