Latest Purchase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandyn

Established Member
Reaction score
Been looking for sensible sized metal lathe for ages and finally found one locally. It seems to be a well looked after unit. Myford ML7 ,Serial number is from 1949. Came with two buckets of additional parts, 3 jaw and 4 jaw chuck, a full set of gear wheels and dozens of cutters. the only issue is the tailstock handwheel and thrust plate are missing, but I have the Myford lever attachment to move the tailstock centre. Haven't used a metal lathe since the 70's and of course at school, but I still remember the basics and the day a friend left the key in the chuck, started it and the key went through the window.

my_myford.jpg

Nice find, obtaining one in such good condition for a reasonable price is no mean feat!

The only issue is the tailstock handwheel and thrust plate are missing, but I have the Myford lever attachment to move the tailstock centre.

If you ever find yourself wanting one, Myford are still going (albeit from West Yorkshire, rather than Nottingham) and manufacture a full range of spares: Clickity Click.

If you ever find yourself wanting one, Myford are still going (albeit from West Yorkshire, rather than Nottingham) and manufacture a full range of spares:
Thanks, Unfortunately they don't have that particular handwheel, but it will be reasonably easy to make something. I've been having great fun learning to use a lathe again. :giggle:

Back