Latest Pen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldflyer2

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Now that the festive season is over it is time to get back to turning. I have just recently started to make some pens and this is one of my latest efforts.

It is a "Cigar" style pen and the wood is Madrone Burl. There has been no attempt made to fill in the cracks and crevices nor has there been any attempt to get a glossy surface. I prefer the "natural" look and so far my customers agree with me.
mine%20019.jpg

I also made the pouch for it out of leather. The pouch doubles as a polishing bag. Just put the pen in and rub it around and there you are.

Any and all comments welcome.

Tom

Hi Tom,

It's a fine pen! I've not tried to make one myself as they are not really for me but congratulations on a job well done!

I prefer "natural edge" work etc too so I can sympathise with the "natural" look ;-)
Mick

Thanks for the comments.

Andrew, do you mean how I made this or just other projects in general?

Sorry, we have had unseasonally mild temperatures here all winter but today it got fairly well below zero and my brain is froze!

Tom

Tom - all pictures welcome,but never having turned anything smaller than a handle for a light-pull,would love to see how you make something that small :D

Andrew

Wow :shock:

Fantastic stuff - your full-scale segmented turnings are very impressive,but the miniatures are amazing :D

Thanks for the link to your site;I now know a lot more than I did :lol: (and might actually try turning something smaller than I have done before)

Andrew

Thanks for the kind words Andrew and I am glad you enjoyed it. It is there for exactly this purpose. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Also, Graham (oldsoke) a member here, makes smaller stuff than I do. Whilst I was visiting him this fall, he made me a miniature bobbin that I will not take out of it's plastic bag. I did once and didn't find it for two days!

Tom

Thanks Matt

Seeing the wee pic under your name reminds me of what I forgot to pickup when I was in England last fall. The big re L! Oh well, I will get one later this year when I am over. I know what they are for but where do you pic one up?

Tom

Back