Latest Kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Managed to get this one finished pre Christmas.
Tulipwood doors and frames.
Oak veneer carcasses
45mm European Oak, island top, 2200 x 1600mm.
Belgium blue granite 30mm

7AmOHsH.jpg

KehxHcs.jpg

8eF5YsI.jpg

sBHmqKA.jpg

BIJhzdU.jpg

The style is quite unusual for my company, I tend to focus on simpler doors and i'm not a fan of inserted beads as they tend to create cracks in the paint so in the end I ran a profile and scribe on a spindle moulder.
I used a combi cutter for this, personally I prefer seperates but it worked OK. Need to ensure good consistent stock thickness as the work is flipped between tenoning and running the scribe.

Very nice.
Is tulipwood the top-end choice of material for painted kitchen doors?
Is the panel also real wood or MDF?

Beautiful design as always Bob.

Did you put any strengtheners in the worktop where it overhangs the island?
I'm thinking of doing something similar design wise and worried that some fatty sits on it and........

As beautifully executed as always Bob but not quite my style this time. Each to their own and I'm certain the client is more than happy with their choice and detailing. Love the colour. Classic Metro are always a plus and the detailing of the scribed surrounds to the oven reveal is bang on.

Looks great as always Bob.

A few questions if I may.

Any idea what that blue paint is called as I like it?

Is that a piece of wood on the tiled wall under the plate rack?

I'm not a fan of white coving running round the top of cupboards like on that cloak cupboard, what do you think the coving above the cabinet would look like painted the same colour as the cabinet below? Just asking as I did a biggish built in TV/ Media type cupboard a while ago for a customer which was dark grey and it had the same white coving across the front of it, I wanted them to paint the coving grey over the cabinet but they thought it would be better white, spoilt the whole thing for me. Maybe your cloak cabinet would look strange as it's in a corner but the media cabinet was a big feature in the centre of the room. Thinking about it the skirting ran around the front of the media cabinet and they painted that white also.

Thats a nice style, not to modern but has a traditional look and I like the doors, plus the advice not to use beads but profile instead. They always say it is the attention to detail that makes something that little bit more special.

Any idea what that blue paint is called as I like it?

Is that a piece of wood on the tiled wall under the plate rack?

I'm not a fan of white coving running round the top of cupboards like on that cloak cupboard, what do you think the coving above the cabinet would look like painted the same colour as the cabinet below? Just asking as I did a biggish built in TV/ Media type cupboard a while ago for a customer which was dark grey and it had the same white coving across the front of it, I wanted them to paint the coving grey over the cabinet but they thought it would be better white, spoilt the whole thing for me. Maybe your cloak cabinet would look strange as it's in a corner but the media cabinet was a big feature in the centre of the room. Thinking about it the skirting ran around the front of the media cabinet and they painted that white also.

Hi Doug,

paint is F&B "De nimes"

Yes for knives but that was a client touch.

I like painting the skirt the same colour on a cabinet but for some reason doing room coving in the same colour looks wrong, but that's my opinion.

Hi Doug,

paint is F&B "De nimes"

Ha ha, that's the colour I have just painted a feature wall in my living room and was thinking your kitchen blue would look good on some cabinets in there but turns out it's the same colour! You can't go far wrong with F&B colours, they all seem to match, I will just pick another a slightly different shade.

Very salubrious... Haven't quite got the space here!

Bob; what is the paint you are using please? It has been sprayed; yes?

Thanks
John

Back